Metal Torrent Tracker Forum

Полная версия: Problems seeding with Qbittorrent
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Hey guys, has anybody else experienced any issues in the past with seeding on the Qbittorrent client? I've altered my upload speeds to make sure nothing is capped and also increased my global maximum connection limit yet nothing seems to be working.

If anybody has any experience with such issues please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Are you trying to seed torrents you have created yourself, or are you trying to seed back what you have downloaded? Maybe no one is currently trying to download what you have?
(03-13-2019, 03:49 AM)Ziniphrix Писал(а): [ -> ]Are you trying to seed torrents you have created yourself, or are you trying to seed back what you have downloaded? Maybe no one is currently trying to download what you have?

Thanks for the response. I am trying to seed back torrents in which I have downloaded.
What are the bands/albums you are trying to seed, and how many? If you are trying to seed to raise your reputation score, I'd suggest downloading the discographies of some of the most popular/well-known artists (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, etc.), as well as for the major sub-genres (Prog, Death, Black, etc.). Downloading these fairly large discographies from well known artists should give you a decent seed ratio over a large period of time. For quicker seeding with lower impact to storage space, you can download the newest uploads. These are usually single album uploads that seed quickly at first, but over the period of a few days to a week are largely forgotten and can be deleted to recover space.
(03-13-2019, 10:26 PM)Ziniphrix Писал(а): [ -> ]What are the bands/albums you are trying to seed, and how many? If you are trying to seed to raise your reputation score, I'd suggest downloading the discographies of some of the most popular/well-known artists (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, etc.), as well as for the major sub-genres (Prog, Death, Black, etc.). Downloading these fairly large discographies from well known artists should give you a decent seed ratio over a large period of time. For quicker seeding with lower impact to storage space, you can download the newest uploads. These are usually single album uploads that seed quickly at first, but over the period of a few days to a week are largely forgotten and can be deleted to recover space.

I'm well aware of all of this, I'm a quick learner. Thanks either way. I just wish to give back to the community which helps provide for users. I don't particularly care about reputation.
I'm using qBittorrent and I haven't had any issues. My ratio isn't as good as I want it to be but that's more of a matter of people downloading from me. All my stuff stays seeded until at least 3x but by default it's not capped.

That's some good advice about downloading new stuff and discographies. Rofl

I'm trying to rate you but I can't. Firefox or an addon might be blocking the javascript but I haven't figured out what it is.  Sad