Metal Torrent Tracker Forum

Полная версия: What made you a metalhead?
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Страниц: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
So, I was talking with a friend long distance... because I live in a hillbilly infested shitheap with absolutely no metal community, and we started talking about our first metal bands/songs/albums and what and when we became a metalhead, and now I'm curious to hear from the metal brethren from lands far and yonder, what made you a metalhead? Was it a specific band/song/album? Or maybe some event in your life?
When I was a kid, I was raised in a small town in the Seattle/Puget Sound area in the '90s... so I wasn't really exposed to that much metal. The town I lived in only had 1 record store anywhere even remotely close, and it only really stocked classic/modern rock, most of the world still ran on dial-up internet and Lars Ulrich was dick deep in trying to stop Napster, so not much metal for me to get to know. I was mostly into the whole Seattle scene and a little bit of the S. Cal. punk scene... I liked metal, but the only real metal I was familiar with was Metallica, Pantera, and Sepultura. About 6 months before my 17th birthday, the local classic rock station out of Seattle started hosting a metal block show from 10pm to 2am, and since I was a looser and home most saturday nights... lol, I started listening to that, and I started to discover this huge underground world with bands I never new about, but like I said, this was when you really had to work your ass off to get into underground bands. So a few months go by, and I hear Testament for the first time on this radio show, with a new song from their upcoming album, the song was Down for Life, the album was The Gathering... it totally blew my mind! It was heavy and thrashy, and just everything I was looking for in metal. So my birthday was coming up, and I begged my parents to buy it for me, and they did... (By special ordering it from the only record store anywhere around) and I got it on my birthday. I immediately popped it open and cranked it to 11, and the album literally left me speechless. After it was over, I knew there was no going back to grunge and alt rock, that album pushed me over the edge and made me a metalhead! If I had never heard that song... that album, I honestly don't know if I ever would have become a metalhead... or maybe it would have just taken me a lot longer, the only thing I can say for certain is that album changed my life and made me the man I am today.
So again, all my metal friends all over the world, what made you a metalhead?Search
(03-17-2014, 01:09 PM)genewen420 Писал(а): [ -> ]So, I was talking with a friend long distance... because I live in a hillbilly infested shitheap with absolutely no metal community, and we started talking about our first metal bands/songs/albums and what and when we became a metalhead, and now I'm curious to hear from the metal brethren from lands far and yonder, what made you a metalhead? Was it a specific band/song/album? Or maybe some event in your life?
When I was a kid, I was raised in a small town in the Seattle/Puget Sound area in the '90s... so I wasn't really exposed to that much metal. The town I lived in only had 1 record store anywhere even remotely close, and it only really stocked classic/modern rock, most of the world still ran on dial-up internet and Lars Ulrich was dick deep in trying to stop Napster, so not much metal for me to get to know. I was mostly into the whole Seattle scene and a little bit of the S. Cal. punk scene... I liked metal, but the only real metal I was familiar with was Metallica, Pantera, and Sepultura. About 6 months before my 17th birthday, the local classic rock station out of Seattle started hosting a metal block show from 10pm to 2am, and since I was a looser and home most saturday nights... lol, I started listening to that, and I started to discover this huge underground world with bands I never new about, but like I said, this was when you really had to work your ass off to get into underground bands. So a few months go by, and I hear Testament for the first time on this radio show, with a new song from their upcoming album, the song was Down for Life, the album was The Gathering... it totally blew my mind! It was heavy and thrashy, and just everything I was looking for in metal. So my birthday was coming up, and I begged my parents to buy it for me, and they did... (By special ordering it from the only record store anywhere around) and I got it on my birthday. I immediately popped it open and cranked it to 11, and the album literally left me speechless. After it was over, I knew there was no going back to grunge and alt rock, that album pushed me over the edge and made me a metalhead! If I had never heard that song... that album, I honestly don't know if I ever would have become a metalhead... or maybe it would have just taken me a lot longer, the only thing I can say for certain is that album changed my life and made me the man I am today.
So again, all my metal friends all over the world, what made you a metalhead?Search

Actually the very first metal sounds i heard when i was nearly 10 yrs old, I remember whem we bought stereo system and my sister brought cd's with different music stuff, then I first time heard Apocalyptica's Path. vol2 with Sandras vocal, there was interesting feeling inside of me, then i found my sisters old tapes with HIM records, then my friends opened for me Slipknot band, but as i was small kid it doesnt immediately draged me into heavy music world, 'cause much interesting was making all kind of shit with my friends and annoy adults Smile3, but music i heard doesnt left me cool, and couple of yrs later i recall all this memories and emotions and started to listen tapes, records, and since then I'm in heavy metal music
When I Heard Metal Music W/O Lyrics of Mendel-Sublimal Colors my head is turning to metal haha and this is my first time to hear some good metal music when i joined here someone suggested to download Soul Cycle. If You Have A Good Metal Music Please Share it To Me hahaha ima Amateur Listener wohoooo

Just Listen To The Music Dont Turn TO Evil Villain xD , Some Of Metal Music have a lyrics of destruction, suicidal ,anti-god,anti-religions and etc its bad to your spirit health wahahaha just to be careful , friendly opinion its fine to listen to that kind of music but dont turn yourself to be a bad one.
Hmmmmm........ I had a brother that was six years older than me, so I got to see shit like Led Zeppelin in '73 (at the ripe age of 12!), Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Who, in '75, etc. So I guess when "The Song Remains The Same" came out was when I realized my destiny.......
I've lived in the Seattle area for about 30 years now, so interesting that you say living there in the 90's didn't seem to expose you to that much Metal, what with Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. Except accounting to one's personal definition of the incredibly broad spectrum of sub-sub-genres that Metal has evolved to......
My best friend ( passed 8 months ago at the age of 29 ) was a metalhead, i was 14 years old when my friend introduced metal to me.
Still remember the first song i heard when my friend turned on the cd-player, Entrance - Dimmu Borgir it was!
As second song i got to listen to From the cradle to enslave - Cradle of filth.
Thats how my love for metal started as it got bigger and bigger as the years passed by.
Still very thankful to my friend for that, it made a part of me who i am now. i'll never forget him <3
In the summer of 1975 I was camping with my family, i went for a walk and down by the creek there was this girl a couple years older playing music from her portable tape recorder, the music was was insane, it was so heavy, I loved it, it was Black Sabbath's Paranoid and Master of Reality, from then on i was hooked.
quiet riot--metal health 1983!!! yes I'm old:
(03-23-2014, 08:39 AM)johnmangini Писал(а): [ -> ]quiet riot--metal health 1983!!! yes I'm old:

No shame in being old dude! Honestly, I'm way more of a thrash and power metal fan than anything else... I wish I was my age now in '82, the year I was born... see the glory days of the bay area thrash scene, or when Iron Maiden was ruling the earth one great album after another. I had the misfortune of being born in the wrong generation.
I remember hearing black sabbath when I was 14 and I remember my head saying "oh shit, thats what I need" since then metal has done me nothing but good. I was born a metalhead and I will die a metal head!!!
iron maiden
Страниц: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16