Metal Torrent Tracker Forum

Полная версия: Website bug: indicates downloading, but I'm already seeding
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
When I decide to download discographies, I sometimes don't download the entire content, but only e.g. studio albums. After the download is complete, it automatically starts to seed, but only the downloaded content.

However, the tracker still recognises this as incomplete download ad it marks it infinitely as such - the red arrow unter the user name on the left side.

Could this bug be removed?
That's not a bug, if you have not downloaded the torrent in its entirety you won't be considered as a seeder by the tracker, it's how the BitTorrent protocol works.
It works the same way on every tracker.
I'm getting something similar. I am currently downloading nothing, and seeding about 10 torrents, but still have the red arrow with a "1" next to it. I haven't downloaded a new torrent for about a week now, and I've logged on & off about a dozen times, but it still shows one torrent downloading. Sometimes the seeding & downloading are expressed in multiples, like I'm seeding 4 times as many torrents and downloading 4. A bit strange, but it doesn't exactly bother me.
THEY'RE TRYING TO SWINDLE US!!!!

Grin Laugh1 Yahoo Rofl
(08-05-2014, 11:48 PM)Registersite Писал(а): [ -> ]That's not a bug, if you have not downloaded the torrent in its entirety you won't be considered as a seeder by the tracker, it's how the BitTorrent protocol works.
It works the same way on every tracker.

So in order to seed, you need to first download all the content of the torrent?
(09-29-2014, 08:12 AM)kingahab Писал(а): [ -> ]So in order to seed, you need to first download all the content of the torrent?

YEHAAA!!

Yahoo Smile3