Metal Torrent Tracker Forum
Let's try something out! - Версия для печати

+- Metal Torrent Tracker Forum (https://www.metal-tracker.com/forum)
+-- Форум: English-speaking forum (https://www.metal-tracker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Форум: Metal music forums (https://www.metal-tracker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Тема: Let's try something out! (/showthread.php?tid=2095)

Страниц: 1 2 3 4

Let's try something out! - Sean19231 - 03-17-2014

I want to see what the outcome of this will be. In theory it should be a place for people to discover new bands, but we'll see what happens. Ok, so it's basically a game. It's not really a multi-player game, or anything like that, but here is the rules:

1.Post the name of the band in your post. ( Also post the genre in parenthesis)

2.Give a reason why you feel others should discover them

3. DO NOT reply to anyone. This thread has to be just the person's suggestion and
reason. Don't reply saying they're wrong, or anything like that. They may be wrong, but there is no space to correct someone in the topic itself

4. You can post again after there is three posts since your previous one.

5. You can add a band that someone already stated. Don't repost them every time you're up, but if you like them for a different reason than someone else, you can repost them

The whole point of the game is to briefly talk about a band with such high regard others Google them and give them a shot.

REMEMBER: DO NOT reply to anyone. Just make a new post with a new band

So, I'll start us off, and you can use my format if you'd like:

Avantasia (Power Metal Supergroup)

This band to me is what I listen to when I want to think. They are what I like to call "Vocal masters". The opera style combined with elements of hard rock/ heavy metal keep me interested, whilst the lyrics and the style keep me thinking.

RE: Let's try something out! - kaamos - 03-17-2014

(03-17-2014, 01:55 AM)Sean19231 Писал(а): I want to see what the outcome of this will be. In theory it should be a place for people to discover new bands, but we'll see what happens. Ok, so it's basically a game. It's not really a multi-player game, or anything like that, but here is the rules:

1.Post the name of the band in your post. ( Also post the genre in parenthesis)

2.Give a reason why you feel others should discover them

3. DO NOT reply to anyone. This thread has to be just the person's suggestion and
reason. Don't reply saying they're wrong, or anything like that. They may be wrong, but there is no space to correct someone in the topic itself

4. You can post again after there is three posts since your previous one.

5. You can add a band that someone already stated. Don't repost them every time you're up, but if you like them for a different reason than someone else, you can repost them

The whole point of the game is to briefly talk about a band with such high regard others Google them and give them a shot.

REMEMBER: DO NOT reply to anyone. Just make a new post with a new band

So, I'll start us off, and you can use my format if you'd like:

Avantasia (Power Metal Supergroup)

This band to me is what I listen to when I want to think. They are what I like to call "Vocal masters". The opera style combined with elements of hard rock/ heavy metal keep me interested, whilst the lyrics and the style keep me thinking.

Metallica(heavy metal, thrash metal)
When i feel like shit, they make me understand that shit is only in my haed and i'm above all of it. They are agression, truth, experience and just FUCKIN' HEAVY METAL!

RE: Let's try something out! - GColares - 03-17-2014

Carach Angren (Symphonic Black Metal)

They have 3 concept albums in a row, the last one talks about an amazing and creepy story that was created by them, a flawless album, perfect lyrics, better than lots of books.

It's worth it

RE: Let's try something out! - genewen420 - 03-17-2014

Triosphere - Female fronted power metal from Norway
When I first discovered them, they totally blew my mind, I couldn't stop listening to them for almost a year... it was awesome! The lyrics are deep and thought provoking, everyone in the band can shred like crazy, definitely worth checking out!

RE: Let's try something out! - Sean19231 - 03-18-2014

Alestorm ( Power Metal )

PIRATES! Need I say more? Alestorm's gimmick is one I certainly buy into. The power metal portion of the band is a bit lacking, but the key focus is the singer. To his credit, he does a very well job of trying to make it work. If you're looking for some comedy in your metal, while still sounding just as badass as other people, Alestorm is someone to check out.

RE: Let's try something out! - mikepowell512 - 03-19-2014

Be'lakor - an Australian melodic death metal band.

The beauty of merging the aggresivity and a fairy tale. Beautiful guitar moaning.

RE: Let's try something out! - SatanScythe - 03-19-2014

Inquisition(USA) - Black Metal.

Colombian band,similar to Immortal(Nor).Not the run of the mill kind of band.

This way - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQHEQd4Y8M Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult.

RE: Let's try something out! - kaamos - 03-19-2014

Skyforger(folk,pagan metal)

One of or ,perhaps ,even the best my countrie's metal band that perfectly combines traditional melodies with heavy notes, in result - great music, i recommend it for everyone who loves stuff like this Smile3

RE: Let's try something out! - Sean19231 - 03-20-2014

Children of Bodom ( Melodic Death Metal)

This band has evolved over the years, but never lost their charm. First neoclassic, than later on more technical. Their type of music is different than the rest of the genre, but it's in it's own league. They still tour to this day and although their records are perceived as less of value, they are one of the best on tour.

RE: Let's try something out! - genewen420 - 03-20-2014

Dalriada - Hungarian folk metal at its finest! If you can get past the fact that they only sing in Hungarian, their one of the best, well rounded folk metal bands I've ever heard.