Metal Torrent Tracker Forum
Doom Bands - Версия для печати

+- Metal Torrent Tracker Forum (https://www.metal-tracker.com/forum)
+-- Форум: English-speaking forum (https://www.metal-tracker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Форум: Metal music forums (https://www.metal-tracker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Тема: Doom Bands (/showthread.php?tid=2452)

Страниц: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Doom Bands - SatanScythe - 03-06-2014

Check out Warning(UK), Solstice(UK), Cirith Ungol(USA), The Lamp of Thoth(UK), Pagan Altar(UK).

Witchfinder General(UK) is a very good old school band,Im not sure if it fits in the Doom Metal Category.

RE: Doom Bands - theembryo - 03-07-2014

One must listen to Avatarium, and therefore Candlemass. The Tracker also has a good function where one can select a genre either absolute, or use the "Chart" option and select from there as well.

RE: Doom Bands - BloodpervertorHN - 03-08-2014

(03-06-2014, 11:28 PM)SatanScythe Писал(а): Check out Warning(UK), Solstice(UK), Cirith Ungol(USA), The Lamp of Thoth(UK), Pagan Altar(UK).

Witchfinder General(UK) is a very good old school band,Im not sure if it fits in the Doom Metal Category.

Powerful song this ¨Sing as you slay´ O.o , Pagan Altar sounded really good to me but isn´t heavy metal? the singer didn´t fit me well... (

(03-07-2014, 10:32 PM)theembryo Писал(а): One must listen to Avatarium, and therefore Candlemass. The Tracker also has a good function where one can select a genre either absolute, or use the "Chart" option and select from there as well.

Avatarium sounded solid from the beginning! The voice was clear as water ! They sounded ultra mega heavy

RE: Doom Bands - theembryo - 03-08-2014

(03-08-2014, 04:16 AM)BloodpervertorHN Писал(а): Avatarium sounded solid from the beginning! The voice was clear as water ! They sounded ultra mega heavy

Excellent..... Jennie-Ann Smith is a Goddess of Doom.

RE: Doom Bands - OdinKingslayer - 03-08-2014

Definitely check Solitude Aeturnus out.

RE: Doom Bands - theembryo - 03-08-2014

Someone has previously recommended this great USA Doom band - but couldn't agree more with OdinKingslayer! A personal favourite is the DVD 'Hour of Despair, which has recorded live At "Stodoła" Club, Warsaw, Poland, 12 Feb. 2007, among a few other shorter bits. Try to get the limited edition swing case DVD+ CD, the CD has the audio of the Warsaw gig. Or you can just extract the audio from the DVD.....

RE: Doom Bands - gnusphere - 03-09-2014

Evoken.

RE: Doom Bands - Symo2014au - 03-10-2014

Any decent Doom Bands I should check out? I haven't had much of a listen to doom yet. so any suggestions would be great mate Smile3

RE: Doom Bands - OdinKingslayer - 03-10-2014

(03-10-2014, 03:08 AM)Symo2014au Писал(а): Any decent Doom Bands I should check out? I haven't had much of a listen to doom yet. so any suggestions would be great mate Smile3

Ahab is a fantastic funeral doom outfit, and I personally listen to more Stonery Doom than anything, so if you like that: At Devil Dirt, Horn of The Rhino, Mars Red Sky, OM, Spiritual Beggars (I only like Spice as their vocalist, but go wild), Stoned Jesus, SUMA, Talbot, and I just checked out Shroud Eater the other day and they're pretty damn good. They sound a bit like Conan.

RE: Doom Bands - Symo2014au - 03-10-2014

I checked them out but kinda in two worlds about doom metal I reckon. maybe they'll grow on me in the future. I stumbled upon a band called "While Heaven Wept" on YouTube. they weren't too bad song called "vessel" wasn't too bad.

P.S. I watched Strong Reflection by Mars Red Sky. I reckon it had more of an alternative kinda feel to it.