Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Seeding from multiple computers
gloves Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Nov 2014
Рейтинг: 5
RE: Seeding from multiple computers
Wow! Shucks, thanks! And I tested that. I have Cradle Of Filth and Lamb Of God seeding the most right now and in a day I typically upload around 2.5-3.5gb of data. During the day that I had both computers running I was able to seed roughly the same amount on both, doubling my uploaded data. I use an isp that provides phenomenal upload and download speeds so even with kat seeds on both running as well as here I have no limit as to how much will upload on this network.
That is why I was wondering if it could be done... I figure twice as much uploaded means twice as fast download speeds for anyone downloading the torrents I'm seeding which would be amazing. Especially since I have such a fast network instead of an AT&T-like shitty alternative.
I don't want to clone a torrent because not only wouldn't I be allowed to, it would defeat the purpose of downloading the one that said person wants.
In the end the choice comes down to amazing credit for uploading with one computer or amazing seeds for the community and near negative credit.
For now I will seed from just the one computer until we find out if there is a way to seed from both and retain upload credit. I think even if it meant keeping the same amount of average daily points instead of doubling them for the extra seed it would still be worth it to help everyone download waaay faster. Especially if everyone could do this because, guaranteed, most of us have more than one device we can seed from; and if we could, the download speeds on each torrent that's currently alive would be one hell of a boost and great promotion for this site.
We would probably have to find a way to allow, per user, up to "x" amount of devices to use and then update the algorithm to allow for the feedback to be received properly. I don't know how difficult this would be to do but I don't see it being impossible either.
Any ideas anyone?
11-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Найти Ответить

Сообщения в этой теме
Seeding from multiple computers - Автор: gloves - 11-06-2015, 08:48 AM
RE: Seeding from multiple computers - Автор: gloves - 11-15-2015, 06:30 AM
RE: Seeding from multiple computers - Автор: Zakkyliar - 11-16-2015, 08:38 PM
RE: Seeding from multiple computers - Автор: gloves - 11-16-2015, 09:57 PM
RE: Seeding from multiple computers - Автор: Zakkyliar - 11-16-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: Seeding from multiple computers - Автор: gloves - 11-18-2015, 05:34 PM

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 4 Гость(ей)