Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 3 - Средняя оценка: 5
Black metal vs death metal
caccauk Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Jun 2013
Рейтинг: 3
RE: Black metal vs death metal
For me it's difficult to choose between black and death...i love both kind of music.
I hate generes, i think there's only music i like and bad music...this is my way to listen metal
07-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Найти Ответить
deathnp Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Apr 2013
Рейтинг: 1
It's hard to choose one genre in special, I personally like both, it just depends what kind o music I want to listen in a day, if I'm pretty calm I like to listen to some Black, if I'm a little stressed or motivated, I listen to Death. There are GREAT bands in both genres, and these battles to choose who is the best genres are pointless in my opinion.
07-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Найти Ответить
CharleyYpres Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Feb 2013
Рейтинг: 9
I definitely prefer black metal, although with both genres I prefer it to be more melodic. Melodic death metal is one of my favourite genres, but if it was between "just" black metal and death metal I'd go for black metal.
07-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Website Найти Ответить
bangmaster Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Jul 2012
Рейтинг: 1
I FIND MOST BLACK METAL VOCALS UNINTELLIGIBLE. SO, WHILE THEY MAY HAVE INTERESTING LYRICS THEY DON'T COME ACROSS AS MORE THAN MOANS AND SCREAMS TO ME. SOME OF THE MUSIC IS GREAT, BUT THE LYRICS ARE UNRELATABLE TO ME AS I AM NOT REALLY RELIGIOUS, SO SATANIC OR ANTI GOD LYRICS MEAN NOTHING TO ME.

I LIKE THRASH, DEATH, AND DOOM METAL AND SOME TRADITIONAL SPEED AND HEAVY METAL.

INSTRUMENTAL BLACK METAL IS GOOD SOMETIMES
08-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Найти Ответить
rdngmikey
Unregistered

I got my first taste of hardcore music with "Death" and "Obituary" about 20 years ago, I ended up discovering Black Metal in the mid-to-late '90's, about 9-10 years ago I started going more melodic until I ended with Symphonic/Gothic/Folk/Melodic genres. I still listen to some Death and Black Metal and I don't really understand why there should be a lot of bickering when anyone can take the same journey I did and end up in a very different place. It's all music, all good and should simply be enjoyed.
08-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Ответить
demonium
Unregistered

Icon_twisted  RE: Black metal vs death metal
old school black metal is boring, but the new is so cool
08-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Ответить
amidst-tundra
Unregistered

I like both and listen to both.

Each genre has interesting scenes that have defined sounds. I enjoy finding new scenes such as the dearth of Russian/Belorussian/Ukrainian black metal found on here.

I don't much care for the black metal "image" but I guess it is what it is.
08-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Ответить
jynkky
Unregistered

hmm... "Pure" death and black are both boring and "dead" genres. People do that stuff too much by the book, and it doesnt evolve or change because of that. But their subgenres, well thats a different story. Where death metal focuses on the complex and technical side of metal, black metal goes all out for the atmosphere. And thats what floats my boat. Atmosphere. I listen to some death metal bands because i like their sound (Demilich, Sotajumala and Vader), but i live for bands that have roots deep in black metal (Summoning, Moonsorrow and Agalloch). Okay, those are pretty far from church burning christ raping norhern black freezing metal, but more black than death.
08-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Ответить
driscofian
Unregistered

I've been in death metal festivals in which there were a few black metal bands, people doesn't seemed to care as long as they did a good show.

For me there is no problem between both generes. Actually there are a lot of bands that started being death and then became black and viceversa and also some that are quite hard to actually define.
10-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Ответить
djswitch Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Nov 2012
Рейтинг: 100
I think when it comes to these 2 it's just a matter of preference and mood rather than VS, they are both AMAZING extreme metal subgenres Smile3
10-20-2013, 03:08 AM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)