• Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Qbittorrent V4.1.5 Torrenting Stalled
minecraft388 Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Mar 2019
Рейтинг: 0
Qbittorrent V4.1.5 Torrenting Stalled
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any issues downloading from Metal-tracker using Qbittorrent v4.1.5 .

I have been completely unable to download any torrent from metal-tracker and have been unable to find and answer as to why.
04-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Найти Ответить
Anarchy-X Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Mar 2019
RE: Qbittorrent V4.1.5 Torrenting Stalled
Nope. Works just fine for me on Kubuntu 18.10. Just downloaded a new album quickly and am currently seeding fine.
--- 
Look! I have a signature.

04-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Найти Ответить
Lindal Не на форуме

У нас с: Nov 2017
I have used qtorrent for only metal-tracker torrents,but I got many damaged files. So I wil stick to utorrent.
04-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Найти Ответить
cakeboy Не на форуме

У нас с: Oct 2018
is there any one client better than the rest?.
i get a lot of peers connect but don't upload to them ?.
using utorrent 3.5.5
10-29-2019, 03:34 PM
Найти Ответить
FokjeMoer Не на форуме

У нас с: Jan 2016
(10-29-2019, 03:34 PM)cakeboy Писал(а): is there any one client better than the rest?.
i get a lot of peers connect but don't upload to them ?.
using utorrent 3.5.5

This should actually be a seperate thread, but since I can give you several probable answers I'll do it here.

There is no definitive best client. Although I'd personally advise qBitTorrent (have never had any issues), there's plenty available options.
Be weary though, most private trackers are a lot more restrictive than metal-tracker and will blacklist/ban the use of certain clients.
I would also promote moving to anything else than uTorrent as they have a habit of causing or not noticing major security vulnerabilities that go unpatched (even when they do know) until the community starts warning and complaining about it. The built-in tracker vulnerability they had earlier this year is a great example.

Getting a lot of peers you can't connect to is most often caused by the NAT protocol your router uses, usually NAPT these days.
The best way to make sure the issue isn't on your end is to set a static IP address for the system you torrent on. In your torrent client, set a port to use for incoming connections (don't let it set a random one each session) and then on your router set port forwarding to your IP on that port. Just make sure it isn't a registered/reserved port, or that it's not in use on your network already. (If you don't use Xbox Live/Microsoft Gaming Network, feel free to use 3074, for example). This ensures that all clients trying to connect to you can actually reach your system.
The way NAT/NAPT is handled is usually a limitation of the tracker, since that needs to be able to find you to tell other clients you can be reached. AFAIK, metal-tracker shouldn't have much of an issue with most implementations of NAPT (I know I'm stuck on it and I can seed/leech just fine).

(04-06-2019, 01:13 PM)Lindal Писал(а): I have used qtorrent for only metal-tracker torrents,but I got many damaged files. So I wil stick to utorrent.
I have no idea why that'd be a problem of qBitTorrent; you receive packets and the client saves those as part of the files. Then it checks data integrity using the calculated hashes and re-downloads any pieces that aren't okay.
This is most probably a matter of a bad/unstable connection or an unclean exit of the client rather than a faulty client. Make sure to never force-close it, because that causes it to mess up on what pieces it's received and written to the disk
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 11-01-2019, 01:40 PM пользователем FokjeMoer.)
11-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)