• Голосов: 7 - Средняя оценка: 2.86
What made you a metalhead?
aghiad Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: May 2013
Рейтинг: 0
RE: What made you a metalhead?
7 years now i was at school
my friend gave me two rock bands : avenged sevenfold and bullet for my valentine
well i know they are like shit
but it was the start
i started digging alone
downloaded old in flames
omnium gatherum
disarmonia mundi
scar symmetry
and then i found my self in front of a world of great music
now i think the metal music help me to release the anger inside so i couldn't stop listening to new stuff on and on
my friends are all not metal heads and they dislike that kind of music
i listen to everything alone :3
09-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Найти Ответить
death212 Не на форуме

У нас с: Sep 2016
iron maidens the longest day
dios holy diver
before then i only used to listen to rap now just heavy(sub) metal
though ka's soft sopken rhyming is slowly brigning me back to rap but i doubt i find another like him tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1KEGyaSjg
09-20-2016, 12:41 AM
Найти Ответить
SuXuMuXu Не на форуме

У нас с: Sep 2016
I still remember staring in awe at the Sepultura logo that someone had painted in his school desk, twenty three years ago. Back then, I had no clue what was it. Thankfully a friend of mine knew and gave me a tape of Chaos A.D. The moment I pressed ▶ I was scared and excited at the same time. Good times. :)
09-23-2016, 01:20 AM
Найти Ответить
PDM1980 Не на форуме

У нас с: Oct 2016
Рейтинг: 5
My family grew up in the 60's and 70's listening to Rock/Hard Rock. My first exposure to Metal was in 1983. I was watching MTV and saw Iron Maiden's video for 'Run To The Hills.'
I was blown away.
Chronic Masturbator   Heat
10-18-2016, 10:47 PM
Найти Ответить
D0pethr0ne Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2016
I don't really think of myself as a metalhead because:
  • there's always that one guy who's just a bit more into it than you...he's the guy that names his daughter Metallica
  • after "being into" metal for 10 years or so I still listen to things like: ABBA, The PoliceSimon & Garfunkel (and yes, thanks to Watership Down I was aware of their music before Disturbed covered Sound of Silence) 
For me it all started when I first heard the intro of Welcome to the Jungle  by Guns N' Roses  playing on the car radio when I was 11 or 12
I was transfixed with how mean but yet how good it sounded..it totally stuck. I remember myself repeating the song and artist's name (didn't have any means to write it down at the time) 
in my head silently because I wanted to hear it again so very badly.

In my family no one listened to anything that was even close to that kind of rock, let alone the stuff I listen to now. At the time I didn't know anyone who listened to thesame music
I had seen some metalheads from afar with their combats and patched jackets but I never exactly went over to introduce myself...because I knew I didn't listen to what was considered metal and I wasn't sure if they liked the rockbands I was listening to at the time (still do). So I assumed since Guns N' Roses was an 80's band I was just born in the wrong era and carry on with reading up on different bands on wikipedia and listening on YouTube.
I had to discover pretty much everything on my own.
Untill I changed sport club (badminton) and all of a sudden there were just kids like me..listening to rock AND metal and all of a sudden I wasn't alone anymore. I wasn't the odd one out. 

But yeah, hearing GNR on the radio for the first time. From there it all went. I'm not going to list every band (metal or not) here, because I'm lazy like that.

But I can say that my tastes in metal and rock are very diverse and it now makes up roughly 80% of my entire music collection. 
But I'm glad I can still appreciate music other than metal, and that there's no: "this music isn't heavy enough" thought that enters my brain every time
I hear any other genre of music.
10-23-2016, 02:28 AM
Найти Ответить
Killraven666 Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Aug 2015
Рейтинг: 1
(03-23-2014, 08:39 AM)johnmangini Писал(а): quiet riot--metal health 1983!!!  yes I'm old:

Same here. Saw the video and I was hooked with the sound.
10-25-2016, 03:09 PM
Найти Ответить
Killraven666 Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2015
Рейтинг: 1
(10-23-2016, 02:28 AM)D0pethr0ne Писал(а): I don't really think of myself as a metalhead because:
  • there's always that one guy who's just a bit more into it than you...he's the guy that names his daughter Metallica
  • after "being into" metal for 10 years or so I still listen to things like: ABBA, The PoliceSimon & Garfunkel (and yes, thanks to Watership Down I was aware of their music before Disturbed covered Sound of Silence) 
For me it all started when I first heard the intro of Welcome to the Jungle  by Guns N' Roses  playing on the car radio when I was 11 or 12
I was transfixed with how mean but yet how good it sounded..it totally stuck. I remember myself repeating the song and artist's name (didn't have any means to write it down at the time) 
in my head silently because I wanted to hear it again so very badly.

In my family no one listened to anything that was even close to that kind of rock, let alone the stuff I listen to now. At the time I didn't know anyone who listened to thesame music
I had seen some metalheads from afar with their combats and patched jackets but I never exactly went over to introduce myself...because I knew I didn't listen to what was considered metal and I wasn't sure if they liked the rockbands I was listening to at the time (still do). So I assumed since Guns N' Roses was an 80's band I was just born in the wrong era and carry on with reading up on different bands on wikipedia and listening on YouTube.
I had to discover pretty much everything on my own.
Untill I changed sport club (badminton) and all of a sudden there were just kids like me..listening to rock AND metal and all of a sudden I wasn't alone anymore. I wasn't the odd one out. 

But yeah, hearing GNR on the radio for the first time. From there it all went. I'm not going to list every band (metal or not) here, because I'm lazy like that.

But I can say that my tastes in metal and rock are very diverse and it now makes up roughly 80% of my entire music collection. 
But I'm glad I can still appreciate music other than metal, and that there's no: "this music isn't heavy enough" thought that enters my brain every time
I hear any other genre of music.
Still love ABBA and Village People. Also Marty Robbins. Go figure  Smile3
10-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Найти Ответить
BranWolf Не на форуме

У нас с: Nov 2016
Рейтинг: 17
When I was 5 years old my older brother used to listen to Metallica's Black Album almost everyday when it came out ('twas '91, I'm non that old)-
The funny stuff is that I loved that sound, but came to know who Metallica was only years later, being 14/15.
It's funny thinking about I knew all the songs and solos (especially Nothing Else Matters) without any idea of who the band was, and then listening to that album ten years later, hearing that music I knew so well, and being like "The fuck... Wait... I KNOW this!!!" Rofl

Same age (4/5) I used to listen to Queen, on an old portable tape player... Innuendo is still one of my favs!
Born to lose - Live to win
11-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Найти Ответить
Filizion Не на форуме

У нас с: Dec 2015
Рейтинг: 7
What made me a metalhead was when I watched a local band (Sacred Sin) Death Metal back in 1993 when I was 13yo. Was an instant epiphany ..
Unlike my older brothers would listen old Iron Maiden, Marilion, Black Sabath, ZZTop, Pink Floyd, Metallica etc, and I never found my musical love untill I watched Death Metal band for the first time, then I came to know Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death etc etc and only then I found my true love "Death Fucking Metal" \m/M\m/
11-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Найти Ответить
Gzoroth
Unregistered

My Dad grew up in the 80's and early 90's so as far back as I can remember, talking maybe when I was about 4 or 5 years old, my dad would always turn up the radio if Metallica or AC/DC or anything remotely hard rock or heavy metal played. It wasn't really until I was about maybe 8, 9 or 10 years old that I found out about Pantera and got really into songs like Cowboys from Hell, Mouth for War and Walk. After that, I started exploring every artist I could find such as the Big 4 of Thrash, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, pretty much any and every classic band I could find I would listen to.

I would say I didn't really become a full on hardcore metal head (which to me means listening to the music every day, wearing merch like shirts, wristbands, etc, collecting CD's, getting a battle jacket/vest, going to shows, etc.) until I got my first vest in the 6th grade. Experienced my first concert, which was the 2012 Summer Slaughter Tour with Cannibal Corpse headlining, and thats where I got my first experience of the metal scene with the side stage having smaller bands like Nekrogoblikon and Thrown into Exile trying to get noticed and the big stage with bands like Cannibal Corpse, Exhumed, Job for a Cowboy and The Faceless (to name a few) putting on a show for a huge audience.

So I would say my dad helped introduce me to metal and Pantera got me interested in metal which led to me exploring a lot of different bands.
11-17-2016, 05:25 AM
Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)