• Голосов: 7 - Средняя оценка: 2.86
What made you a metalhead?
tears_of_fire Не на форуме
Posting Freak

Темы: 13
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 115
RE: What made you a metalhead?
Nothing MADE me a metalhead....... I was born a metalhead and I'll be until the end Pleasantry
06-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Найти Ответить
donnydoom
Unregistered

On my tenth birthday back in 1985 my sister and her metalhead boyfriend bought me Black Sabbath's Master of Reality & Mob Rules, Mecyful Fates Melissa, Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind, Judas Priest's British Metal, Metallica's Kill 'Em All & Ride the Lightning, & SLAYER's Show No Mercy. By the next day after my first few spins of those albums on my record player I knew I found my music. I have been a diehard metalhead ever since.
06-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Ответить
dreycek Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Feb 2013
Рейтинг: 3
You can't be made, you are or you are not, and you choose to belong or not to belong to metal sub-culture. It's in your blood, and your soul is black.
06-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Найти Ответить
satankai
Unregistered

i don't remember when exactly i became metal head , i guess it's between 2005 and 2006 i started listining to japanese metal bands like x japan and seikimatsu ..etc
07-02-2014, 01:06 AM
Ответить
brunhilde
Unregistered

Icon_biggrin  RE: What made you a metalhead?
Well, I think I can say everything with one word: CURIOSITY

When I was 14 I met some guys on high school who (like me) liked rock music a lot and we became close friends. In that time I knew almost nothing related to metal, only stuff such as Metallica, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath, and didn't use to listen often. With these new friends I became interested and started researching more and more. When I realized, I wasn't a rocker anymore and had become a metalhead! Yahoo[/font]
07-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Ответить
david97 Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Jul 2014
Рейтинг: 0
The song "you only live once" from Suicide silence
07-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Найти Ответить
fabianNW
Unregistered

My DNA + Satan
07-11-2014, 05:19 AM
Ответить
Divreus
Unregistered

Brütal Legend. Specifically, the song 'Cry of the Banshee' by Brocas Helm that plays during the Metal Queen fight.

From there, I've been building a playlist from the bands featured in the video 'Power Metal Megamix 2014', uploaded to YouTube by Unknown Power Metal YT.
08-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Ответить
romeo_rocky92 Не на форуме

У нас с: Feb 2013
I'm from Egypt (Middle East), so I never knew anything about metal, but I remember I've always liked Classic/Symphonic music like Mozart/Beethoven (which I know now it's so close to metal), and never liked mainstream pop/rap bullshit, in 2002 (10y old), ps2 game Dynasty warriors 3, always played instrumental metal filled with solos, and I loved it although I didn't know then what type of music was it, then heard EVANESCENCE, that was the turning point which got me into Heavy Rock like Linkin Park, Skillet, then my friend introduced me to Power/Trash Metal like Megadeth, ArchEnemy, Amon Amarth, Metallica.. but my favourite is Gothic/Symphonic Metal & MeloDeath Metal , and now I've found underground Egyptian Metal Bands on Facebook.
08-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Найти Ответить
bastardsquad Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2014
Excellent question. I was in high school (Australia), about age 15, and really into Faith No More & Mr. Bungle (and still am), but other rock bands of that time like Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers & Nirvana didn't do anything for me at all; I thought they were kind of shitty.
Then a mate let me borrow Deicide's "Legion" and Fear Factory's "Soul Of A New Machine" and that was it for me. I'd finally found the music that blended in perfectly with the noise inside my head. I was lucky that one of my sisters was (briefly) dating a guy who was a headbanger, who told me about the metal program his mates hosted on local radio and the metal music shop in the city. Everything aligned perfectly; I'd found the music I loved, the radio station where I could hear all kinds of metal all night long, and a shop which actually sold this music, and if they didn't have it then they could get it in for you.
Even now, when I crank up the albums I was really getting into (Amorphis' "Tales From The Thousand Lakes", "Burzum/ Aske", Enslaved's "Frost" & "Vikinglandr Veldi", Emperor's "Nightside Eclipse" and a whole heap of others) takes me straight back to those times. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it gets a bit unsettling, because there's so much that's been forgotten in the last 20 years or more; but I love that when I play this music, it brings back all of the emotions, colours and even smells (like old bong water & cheap cigarettes)! I'd hate to think of what I'd be listening to if I'd never come across metal...
08-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)