Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Djent, Anyone?
DEA7TH Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Oct 2014
Рейтинг: 1
RE: Djent, Anyone?
Dude listen to Periphery, After The Burial.

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 10-26-2014, 01:39 PM пользователем DEA7TH.)
10-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Найти Ответить
Black_Frost Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2014
Рейтинг: 0
(10-20-2014, 07:48 AM)hecate666 Писал(а): Tesseract is pretty cool. Animals as Leaders are nice too! Rofl I also really love Periphery.
If you want some good reccomendations, look up The Djentleman's Club on Facebook.

Hey! I have heard TesseracT and Animals as Leaders i like them. I will check out the FB page. thanks. Smile3

Pleasantry

(10-26-2014, 01:20 PM)DissidentPLM Писал(а):
(09-21-2014, 09:37 AM)Black_Frost Писал(а): Anyone can play djent its not a virtuoso thing.

While I agree the rhythmic aspects of djent strays from guitar virtuoso, it takes quite a bit of rhythmic coordination, creative musical syncopation, and impressive music memory.

Animals As Leaders esque shred-your-face-off lead parts just add to the magic. Grin

ETA: I've been mostly digging Animals As Leaders, Periphery, TesseracT, Sybreed, Scale The Summit, and Meshuggah. I'll definitely check out some more bands soonish.

I fucking love Meshuggah. I have been listening to them for a long time now. i will check out these other bands too thanks.

I have been studying music for a few years now and also play a lot of progressive/technical stuff so i find this easy. But, Animals as Leaders is quite difficult to play. They use many different techniques. Smile3
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 10-26-2014, 09:35 PM пользователем Black_Frost.)
10-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Найти Ответить
Blix3d Не на форуме

Темы: 1
I respect the fact that ''Djent'' tries to have offbeat and different timings in their breakdowns and people argue that it makes it technical but I have a hard time not considering the songs to be one full open note breakdown with maybe .... maybe..... some notes and riffs thrown into it..... In general it sounds like this... duhhh duh duh duh duuuhh du du du duuuuuhhh deeeeeee

of course there are the exceptions like Vildjhartha (never know how to spell that fckn name)
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 10-26-2014, 11:20 PM пользователем Blix3d.)
10-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Найти Ответить
Black_Frost Не на форуме

(10-26-2014, 10:56 PM)Blix3d Писал(а): I respect the fact that ''Djent'' tries to have offbeat and different timings in their breakdowns and people argue that it makes it technical but I have a hard time not considering the songs to be one full open note breakdown with maybe .... maybe..... some notes and riffs thrown into it..... In general it sounds like this... duhhh duh duh duh duuuhh du du du duuuuuhhh deeeeeee

of course there are the exceptions like Vildjhartha (never know how to spell that fckn name)

lol Laugh1

Did you know that djent can be played in number of different styles. Every band has different influences, some can be more progressive than others, some bend towards hardcore, there are many more.
I agree that some bands use that percussive palm mute sound too much and the breakdowns spoils the feel of the song. But, hey people have different tastes.
Have you heard of The Contortionist? they released an album last month called Language. It's awesome.
I like Vildhjarta (i think i spelled it right) Their style is more progressive than normal "Djent".
10-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Найти Ответить
Blix3d Не на форуме

hehe I'm not hating on anyone for liking Djent, nor am I generalizing ( ok yeah I was generalizing :O ) just not particularily fond of it Smile3 ...ohh and yeah thx I often heard about The Contortionist but never sat down to listen to a whole album but now that I'm blasting Exoplanet and gotta say damn...I like them... i like them a lot.... even if I wouldn't really consider them fitting into the Djent ''genre'' or whatever people call it :p have to think that if Vildjarta has a more progressive sound to you then the Contortionist would be that tenfold no ?
10-28-2014, 01:07 AM
Найти Ответить
Black_Frost Не на форуме

I feel that both Vildhjarta and The Contortionist have their own sound and style. I like them both very much. Smile3
10-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Найти Ответить
ja_compton
Unregistered

(10-28-2014, 04:40 PM)Black_Frost Писал(а): I feel that both Vildhjarta and The Contortionist have their own sound and style. I like them both very much. Smile3

Vildhjarta , Meshuggah & Tesseract are the only bands in that style I really defend in conversation, because I feel they are the only ones who brought newer sounds and style to the "djent" genre if we're going to go down that road, lol. But bands like After the Burial, Monuments, Volumes and all the other off-names just re-hash the same formula those other three bands laid down.

Side Note: (I do not like Periphery) but sure, Periphery is respected as well, my personal taste doesn't turn me away from their success & what they laid down for the genre.
10-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Ответить
Blix3d Не на форуме

Icon_cheesygrin  RE: Djent, Anyone?
(10-28-2014, 08:22 PM)ja_compton Писал(а): Vildhjarta , Meshuggah & Tesseract are the only bands in that style I really defend in conversation, because I feel they are the only ones who brought newer sounds and style to the "djent" genre if we're going to go down that road, lol. But bands like After the Burial, Monuments, Volumes and all the other off-names just re-hash the same formula those other three bands laid down.

Side Note: (I do not like Periphery) but sure, Periphery is respected as well, my personal taste doesn't turn me away from their success & what they laid down for the genre.

^^Good taste in my book Smile3^^ If you want you should check out Shokran a new band I discovered today, they're labeled as prog /djent and definately worth checking out if you like Tesseract and Vildjartha (also ressembles Born of Osiris) but that might just be the whole egyptian theme. Tell me what you think:P ?

Well i can't seem to find a youtube link with vocals so if you like the instrumental well you know what to do...
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 10-29-2014, 07:13 PM пользователем Blix3d.)
10-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Найти Ответить
titiojoao2 Не на форуме

У нас с: Jul 2014
Рейтинг: 1
THALL

Do you want to meet some stuff ? There are some pages on facebook and some channels on youtube!

Some bands are easy to download, another ones you'll have to download from youtube.. good luck!

Once a day I'll posting some songs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbcZzf1T45M
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 11-07-2014, 07:31 AM пользователем titiojoao2.)
11-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Найти Ответить
Destrollermetal Не на форуме

New metal genres only expands the diversity of the metal world, i really enjoy listening new bands, sounds amazing!.
Animals As Leaders rules!
04-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)