Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Doom Bands
OdinKingslayer Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Nov 2012
Рейтинг: 2
RE: Doom Bands
(03-10-2014, 05:47 AM)Symo2014au Писал(а): I checked them out but kinda in two worlds about doom metal I reckon. maybe they'll grow on me in the future. I stumbled upon a band called "While Heaven Wept" on YouTube. they weren't too bad song called "vessel" wasn't too bad.

P.S. I watched Strong Reflection by Mars Red Sky. I reckon it had more of an alternative kinda feel to it.

I've only dipped into the newer doom and there's a lot of varying sounds between bands that identify as doom, but the more I hear of it the more I love. Youtube is great for the related videos too.
03-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Найти Ответить
BloodpervertorHN
Unregistered

(03-07-2014, 10:32 PM)theembryo Писал(а): One must listen to Avatarium, and therefore Candlemass. The Tracker also has a good function where one can select a genre either absolute, or use the "Chart" option and select from there as well.

Wow.... I heard the album "Avatarium" at least 15 times this weekend... Mistererious, superb voice and enchanting riffs! Thank you again!

(03-10-2014, 03:57 AM)OdinKingslayer Писал(а):
(03-10-2014, 03:08 AM)Symo2014au Писал(а): Any decent Doom Bands I should check out? I haven't had much of a listen to doom yet. so any suggestions would be great mate Smile3

Ahab is a fantastic funeral doom outfit, and I personally listen to more Stonery Doom than anything, so if you like that: At Devil Dirt, Horn of The Rhino, Mars Red Sky, OM, Spiritual Beggars (I only like Spice as their vocalist, but go wild), Stoned Jesus, SUMA, Talbot, and I just checked out Shroud Eater the other day and they're pretty damn good. They sound a bit like Conan.
After you listen to Ahab, check out Pantheist.. Funeral Doom , really good.
03-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Ответить
theembryo Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Sep 2013
Рейтинг: 3
Excellent.......... I urge you to heed OdinKingslayer as well - very very good sounds!
03-10-2014, 10:48 PM
Найти Ответить
BloodpervertorHN
Unregistered

(03-09-2014, 12:08 AM)gnusphere Писал(а): Evoken.

I was blown away by those vocals... wow.

I am already downloading Anthithesis of light

(02-27-2014, 03:15 AM)foul ole john Писал(а): Try some of funeral doom.
FUNERAL - said to be the saddest band in the world (after suicide ratio - there's something in it :P). Especcialy Tragedies LP.
THERGOTHON - filthy, dark, grim, unholy slow sound from outer dimensions. Fhtagn!
NORTT - guy says, he plays "pure depressive funeral doom black metal". Well, kinda precise. That's exactly it: black metal in about 30 beats per minute.

And few good doom metal bands from Poland, which are hardly known, but worth to put an ear on them.
ALTAIR
ANDROMEDA
CEMETERY OF SCREAM
FDS - rather alternative black/doom/ambient/something
UNNAMED - doom/black/death
All is on the tracker Smile3

Howgh!

Thank you! I loved the album Oratorium - FUNERAL, they sound so goooooood

(02-27-2014, 03:15 AM)foul ole john Писал(а): Try some of funeral doom.
FUNERAL - said to be the saddest band in the world (after suicide ratio - there's something in it :P). Especcialy Tragedies LP.
THERGOTHON - filthy, dark, grim, unholy slow sound from outer dimensions. Fhtagn!
NORTT - guy says, he plays "pure depressive funeral doom black metal". Well, kinda precise. That's exactly it: black metal in about 30 beats per minute.

And few good doom metal bands from Poland, which are hardly known, but worth to put an ear on them.
ALTAIR
ANDROMEDA
CEMETERY OF SCREAM
FDS - rather alternative black/doom/ambient/something
UNNAMED - doom/black/death
All is on the tracker Smile3

Howgh!

Thank you! I loved the album Oratorium - FUNERAL, they sound so goooooood

(03-06-2014, 11:28 PM)SatanScythe Писал(а): Check out Warning(UK), Solstice(UK), Cirith Ungol(USA), The Lamp of Thoth(UK), Pagan Altar(UK).

Witchfinder General(UK) is a very good old school band,Im not sure if it fits in the Doom Metal Category.

What is it with this English guys... they always do the best Doom! Thanks yto you I found The Lamp of Thot! they are part of my playlist now.
03-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Ответить
SatanScythe
Unregistered

If you like Black Sabbath you may like Serpent Throne,instrumental heavy/doom band from USA - http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Serp...3540273281 .I like The Battle of Old Crow(2009) the most.
03-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Ответить
ironage75 Не на форуме

Темы: 3
У нас с: Sep 2013
Рейтинг: 5
So many good bands out there today, and a lot of excellent music from the past; it's really hard to narrow it down to just a few bands!

Check out the 'Doom', 'Doom Sludge' and 'Stoner Doom' sections on the torrents page, there's a lot of cool releases available.

I'd recommend:

Grey Widow
Druglord
Conan
Electric Wizard
Yob
Brimstone Coven
Burning Witch
Boris
Earth
Eyehategod
Opium Lord
Acid King
St Vitus
Slomatics
Order of the Owl

............(I could go on for pages lol)
03-22-2014, 12:59 AM
Найти Ответить
srvdown
Unregistered

Doom is one of my favorite genres. My favorites are Cathedral, Saint Vitus, Pentagram, Sabbath and Type O Negetive.
03-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Ответить
parmetheus Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 3
(02-21-2014, 08:42 PM)dkkc19 Писал(а): Try 'Moon Mistress' I'm sure they won't disappoint you.

Definitely. Electric Wizard-worship, in the best way.

Warhorse hasn't been mentioned yet, but their only album, 'As Heaven Turn to Ash', is one of my favourite Doom Metal albums. Can't recommend them enough.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 03-25-2014, 05:09 AM пользователем parmetheus.)
03-25-2014, 05:07 AM
Найти Ответить
joey1989 Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 0
My favorite Dutch doom i recommend: Officium Triste and Akelei
Others i recommend are: Lethian Dreams, Wine from Tears, Shades of Despair and Saturnus.

The list of doom bands is big so have fun listening to it ^^
03-25-2014, 05:53 AM
Найти Ответить
BloodpervertorHN
Unregistered

(03-06-2014, 09:53 AM)Iaxon Писал(а): Woods of Ypres, one of my personal faves. I put them right under Type O. Sadly the singer died in a car wreck a while back, which makes tracks lyrcs like "by the time you read this, I will already be dead" that much more haunting.

Amazing voice, I started with the song "by the time you read this" and it really transmitted an outstanding power.. great song

(03-25-2014, 05:53 AM)joey1989 Писал(а): My favorite Dutch doom i recommend: Officium Triste and Akelei
Others i recommend are: Lethian Dreams, Wine from Tears, Shades of Despair and Saturnus.

The list of doom bands is big so have fun listening to it ^^

The album Veronika Decides to Die (taken from Paulo Coelho book) of Saturnus is standing outside ! (outstanding jaja). I'll listen to Akelei and Officium right now.. Dutch doom sounds interesting
03-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 2 Гость(ей)