• Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
The (metal) day after......
tears_of_fire Не на форуме
Posting Freak

Темы: 8
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 115
The (metal) day after......
Well...... let's talk about the end of the world...... the apocalypse...... armageddon...... the end complete...... nuclear destruction...... they all seem like NUCLEAR ASSAULT albums, right?! Smile3

Ok...... try to imagine...... sooner or later the end will come...... it will come from the outer space or from the machinery of some mad tyrant, but it will come, anyway...... and it will come very fast...... and there will be a very few time to flee...... and even lesser time to gather all our things before leaving on the starship that will carry the few survivors to another planet...... so, my frineds, if you should be in that small number of lucky survivors, there will be no time to pick up ALL YOUR ENDLESS COLLECTION of metal album...... as METALLICA said, it's "sad but true", no time to pick up all your albums and no space to put all of them in the starship...... you can carry with you ONLY FIVE ALBUMS, this is all the metal heritage that you can carry and leave behind all the rest...... well...... let's talk about YOUR FIVE ALBUMS, bands, titles and a (more or less) short reason why you've chosen this particular five......

For example, talking about me, maybe I would prefer to die with all my collection than leave something behind...... anyway, talking only for fantasy, these are my fab-5......

METALLICA - ... and justice for all - because here METALLICA were still METALLICA...... for the last time......

[Изображение: th_516011609_and_Justice_for_All_album_122_398lo.jpg]

BLACK SABBATH - heaven and hell - because here inside there are that voice, that guitar, that bass and those drums......

[Изображение: th_516137720_Black_Sabbath_Heaven_and_He..._947lo.jpg]

DEEP PURPLE - machine head - because here inside there are that (other) voice, that (other) guitar, that (other) bass, those (other) drums and that keyboard......

[Изображение: th_516374642_513ks47TsXL_122_33lo.jpg]

IRON MAIDEN - seventh son of a seventh son - because this is the "swan-song" of this band......

[Изображение: th_516515423_Iron_Maiden___Seventh_Son_O..._925lo.jpg]

RUNNING WILD - black hand inn - because with the music here in this album, a "normal" band would have built an entire discography......

[Изображение: th_516711374_1227_122_260lo.jpg]

In general, I've chosen these ones because I consider them "perfect from the beginning to the end" and because are important for me in some way or another......

I know it...... there are still a lot of other albums and of other bands...... a lot of stuff from the 80s (like EUROPE), something of more thrashy (like SLAYER or MEGADETH) or something of more extreme (like SUFFOCATION or BURZUM)...... but the time is running out...... the planet is collapsing and we must leave !! HURRY UP !!

Smile3
06-29-2015, 12:31 AM
Найти Ответить
Zakkyliar
Unregistered

RE: The (metal) day after......
Haha nice concept, instead of going for the usual boring "you are in an island.." routine you picked an apocaliptic one. Kudos for that! So here is my list Rofl

Exodus - Bonded by Blood (This must be my most listened album of all time and it never ever gets old.)
[Изображение: exodus_bonded_by_blood_front.jpg]

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden (Their first and if you ask me the best album. This is basically what got me into metal and I can listen to this every day.)
[Изображение: Iron_Maiden_album_cover.jpg]

Metallica - Kill Em All (Their rawest first album and my fav of them. Every metal album like this should have at least one of their first 4 albums if you ask me Rofl)
[Изображение: MI0003589292.jpg?partner=allrovi.com]

Manowar - Sign of the Hammer (Never gets old. Manowar is one of my early favorites and still is!)
[Изображение: sign%20of%20the%20hammer.jpg]

Dio - Holy Diver (Its Ronnie James Dio! Do I need to say more?)
[Изображение: 400x400.jpg]

These are in no particular order, they all have exactly the same importance for me. Also noticed after I finished the list: Most of them are the first albums of the bands. Dont know what may come out of that Rofl
06-29-2015, 01:28 AM
Ответить
Posting Freak

(06-29-2015, 01:28 AM)Zakkyliar Писал(а): Haha nice concept, instead of going for the usual boring "you are in an island.." routine you picked an apocaliptic one.

Laugh1 in the first moment I've thought about the isle and all that castaway shit all around...... but I wanted something more...... let's say...... definitive, and the end of the world fits well the concept...... and the story of the island is too much easy...... if you have the electricity and the technology to play your CDs, well, then you have also the technology to come back home, right?! instead, with the apocalypse, we are all fucked uo and there's no home to come back anymore Laugh1

(06-29-2015, 01:28 AM)Zakkyliar Писал(а): ...... So here is my list Rofl

cool list, my friend, very good albums, that I would have liked to put in my list...... both in yours and in mine there are METALLICA, IRON MAIDEN and RONNY JAMES DIO...... and I think that it's not a coincidence at all Smile3

(06-29-2015, 01:28 AM)Zakkyliar Писал(а): Haha nice concept......

Consider also that, in a scenario like this, these five albums are not only the last five metal albums THAT YOU will ever listen to from now on, but are also the only heritage of what heavy metal has been in the past, and it will be the heritage for all the future of mankind, on which humanity will rebuild the Future Wave Of Extra-Terrestrial Heavy Metal (F.W.O.E.T.H.M.) Laugh1
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 06-29-2015, 01:57 AM пользователем tears_of_fire.)
06-29-2015, 01:41 AM
Найти Ответить
Zakkyliar
Unregistered

(06-29-2015, 01:41 AM)tears_of_fire Писал(а): cool list, my friend, very good albums, that I would have liked to put in my list...... both in yours and in mine there are METALLICA, IRON MAIDEN and RONNY JAMES DIO...... and I think that it's not a coincidence at all Smile3

Your list has my faves too lets hope we are hiding in the same vault so we can listen to 10 albums total Drinks

Цитата:Consider also that, in a scenario like this, these five albums are not only the last five metal albums THAT YOU will ever listen to from now on, but are also the only heritage of what heavy metal has been in the past, and it will be the heritage for all the future of mankind, on which humanity will rebuild the Future Wave Of Extra-Terrestrial Heavy Metal (F.W.O.E.T.H.M.) :Laugh1:

I would like these to be the WHOLE fundamentals of the entire music lol not just F.W.O.E.T.H.M. Laugh1 But it sounds really cool Rofl E.T. doesnt need pussy pop groups believe me Grin
[Изображение: 61WKFXY46HL.jpg]
06-29-2015, 02:16 AM
Ответить
Posting Freak

(06-29-2015, 02:16 AM)Zakkyliar Писал(а): Your list has my faves too lets hope we are hiding in the same vault so we can listen to 10 albums total Drinks

I've forgotten to say...... in this apocalyptic scenario, there's no possibility at all to find any other metal-head to share any music...... YOU will be THE ONLY metalhead, with the only 5 albums in the universe...... Laugh1
06-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Найти Ответить
beernd Не на форуме

Темы: 9
У нас с: Dec 2012
Рейтинг: 51
Suicidal Tendencies - F.N.G.
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Tankard - Chemical Invasion
Taiga - Ashen Light
Bergrizen - Autism

I think this would be my list pretty much.
Suicidal... takes me back to the 80's when i was a rebellious angry teenager.
Sepultura... well if you know the album... the opening of the first song is very often in my head in the morning.
Tankard... a whole album only about beer! and beer! and yet more beer!
Taiga... for the depressed moments and just because i can't get enough of that horrific screaming. Scrapes the flesh of my bones. Awesome!
Bergrizen... especially the song Autism gives me a little bit insight, i have the feeling, in my sons head... he is autistic and it would always remind me of him.

There ya go... 5 in a row.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 07-01-2015, 09:22 PM пользователем beernd.)
07-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Найти Ответить
Posting Freak

(07-01-2015, 09:21 PM)beernd Писал(а): Suicidal Tendencies - F.N.G.
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Tankard - Chemical Invasion
Taiga - Ashen Light
Bergrizen - Autism

Cool list, my friend, very "profound" and "intense" Smile3 all the mankind thanx you for your contribution Grin
07-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Найти Ответить
Posting Freak

And so...... I'm afraid that without your help, the new humanity reborn on another planet will never know what has been HEAVY METAL...... Cray

[Изображение: Post-Apocalyptic_Cityscape_600.jpg]
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 07-07-2015, 11:45 PM пользователем tears_of_fire.)
07-07-2015, 11:45 PM
Найти Ответить
Zakkyliar
Unregistered

This was a nice topic, RIPCray Maybe people needed a basic "Name your top 5 albums" thread, you know Laugh1
07-08-2015, 12:15 AM
Ответить
Posting Freak

(07-08-2015, 12:15 AM)Zakkyliar Писал(а): This was a nice topic, RIPCray Maybe people needed a basic "Name your top 5 albums" thread, you know Laugh1

And maybe people can go and screw himself Laugh1 I made a thread the way I like it and I can carry it on even by myself and on my own Laugh1 Yahoo
07-08-2015, 12:21 AM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)