• Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
windows 10?
waspskiss Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Feb 2014
Рейтинг: 0
windows 10?
hi

Since updating my pc to windows 10 none of the torrents here work. Everything works fine for torrents from other sites but all the torrents from metal-tracker refuse to start.

I am using Utorrent 2.2.1 the same as I have for years but when I select the torrent and look at the tracker section it just says 'not allowed'

has this site banned windows 10 users because of security worries or is it just a problem at my end?

thanks for any help Smile3
03-25-2016, 12:53 AM
Найти Ответить
jared_wanted Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Jun 2010
Рейтинг: 35
RE: windows 10?
because win10 not pass security apperances, also that OS very dangerous to use it anonymously (or some like). destroy it< right now. dont use hax all new software, never againGrin.
03-27-2016, 05:24 PM
Найти Ответить
DoubleDoobie Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: May 2014
If this site has banned Win10, IMO, they were smart to do so.

In fact, with what MS has been pushing recently, torrent sites might be smart to ban Win7, 8.x, & 10.

google stuff like "microsoft spying" & "microsoft telemetry data" for more info.

Basically, in Win10, you've effectively signed your privacy completely away. Some talking heads are trying to defend this, saying other companies do it. But it's nowhere near as bad.

MS has also included a clause in the Win10 EULA saying they can turn any of that data (inc files/listings) over to the authorities at any time. For damage control MS then said in was only interested in MS products. But they've pulled a bait & switch on lesser stuff before. They certainly did it to Win7 & 8.x by sneaking in spying "upgrades." But at least there, the argument is no EULA was signed, so any data used by MS is illegal. Plus, from what is known, you can truly turn the spying off. But even that will require constant monitoring. Especially after updates.

If you must use Win10 (say for newest DX gaming), it's arguably smartest to subnet Win10 off the internet through a *nix gateway, and then just do your torrenting through *nix. Then if you need a Win10 feature upgrade, re-image/format the sucker. (To avoid all spying.)

It's a complete hassle, but this is serious stuff.
03-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Найти Ответить
maroutas Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Nov 2013
Hi waspskiss, I'm fine downloading with win10 (although the guys above are right that microsoft takes a lot of liberties with privacy and managing your personal information in win10). Have you tried another client? qbittorent seems to work for me
03-28-2016, 11:34 PM
Найти Ответить
HecTheWreck Отсутствует

Темы: 0
У нас с: Sep 2015
I also run win 10 and have no problem when it comes to this site.
03-31-2016, 05:15 PM
Website Найти Ответить
FokjeMoer
Unregistered

(03-27-2016, 05:24 PM)jared_wanted Писал(а): because win10 not pass security apperances, also that OS very dangerous to use it anonymously (or some like). destroy it< right now. dont use hax all new software, never againGrin.

Although I agree using Win 10 is a huge safety hazard, running a Kali linux 2.0 (God, I love Sana!) allowed me to remove a lot of the same safety hazards in Win 8.1. That in combination with actually managing all updates myself, assures me that I have very little privacy and security issues.
Have people figure out how to prevent trouble for others without banning their OS's (Win 10 excluded, they should kill that bullshit of an OS)
04-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)