Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Do you listen to Metal with or without EQ
simplemetal Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Jan 2017
Рейтинг: 0
RE: Do you listen to Metal with or without EQ
I listen through a Yamaha AVReceiver to my old Whafedale Diamond 9 speakers or on my Sansa Clip while on commute. I never change the EQ but I am guessing op meant a hardware rack eq?

I also have two Beyerdynamic headphones. I have the 990 for the PC and the 770 for the TV/home cinema. I have two Yamaha av receiver the 467 (my old one) is on my PC and the 679 is on the TV.

I use optical out from the PC to the AVR and then to the headphones most of the time.
04-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Найти Ответить
rhcpepper Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Jan 2015
I never use software EQ with the exception of car audio, usually stock speakers have weird bass and I find myself turning it down, idk, metal doesn't sound good with boomy bass! I'd like to hand select some custom car audio but it's expensive.

I tend to want my hardware to be the only "EQ". For my PC I use Logitech X 530, and I turn the sub all the way down and stuff a sock in the port lol.

I have had a few different headphones over the years, all with different sounds, but I gravitate towards "neutral" signatures now. Had some with emphasis on bass, but I enjoy the clarity of a flat frequency response. Currently I have no functioning headphones, but my favorite pair were the AKG Q701 before I sold them.

I hate EQ, but if I have to use it I only ever turn frequencies down, not up. Metal music is already brickwalled to shit and boosting anything past what it already is can lead to nasty clipping.

I always go for the cleanest most neutral sound I can get within my budget.
04-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Найти Ответить
cynicalduck Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2018
I personally don't use an EQ (even if I'm very tempted), because if feel like I'm cheating the band, messing with their work.
08-20-2018, 03:29 PM
Найти Ответить
YaBoyRob Не на форуме

У нас с: Sep 2018
I use the Sonarworks software, through Foobar. Mostly listen with headphones. My all arounders are AKG K712 Pro's, followed closely by Senheiser HD6xx. My best pair are LCD XC's, they are on another level, just WAY to heavy to wear for more than an hour or so. I also have an SMSL DAC, and Schitt Vali2, and Asgard 2 headphone amps. I guess I like more of a V sound if I am going to EQ.

EQ APO is an awesome program as well.
09-24-2018, 10:11 AM
Найти Ответить
Gunner1 Не на форуме

У нас с: Sep 2012
Only EQ!

.png   2018-09-24_23-28-09.png (Размер: 27.09 Кб / Загрузок: 6)
09-24-2018, 11:32 PM
Найти Ответить
osga21 Не на форуме

У нас с: Feb 2015
No EQ at all. The guys in th studio mix their shit with neutral sounding headphones and monitors, and I try to listen to the music with relatively flat headphones as well so it sounds as the close the original mix as possible. If I'm wearing shitty headphons I might boost the high and mid frequencies a little, but that's a really specific case.
10-23-2018, 11:47 AM
Найти Ответить
Che Не на форуме
Каманданте

Темы: 111
У нас с: Mar 2009
Рейтинг: 94
(10-23-2018, 11:47 AM)osga21 Писал(а): No EQ at all. The guys in th studio mix their shit with neutral sounding headphones and monitors, and I try to listen to the music with relatively flat headphones as well so it sounds as the close the original mix as possible. If I'm wearing shitty headphons I might boost the high and mid frequencies a little, but that's a really specific case.

Smart move, goddamn )))
Когда мы все попадем в тюрьму за скачивание музыки, надеюсь нас рассадят по жанрам...
10-23-2018, 12:38 PM
Website Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)