Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
What am I missing with Ghost?
Viejales Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 8
What am I missing with Ghost?
This month was out the last album of Ghost. In general the metal community waited it with great expectatives and these ones are overcomed.
Listened four times, i can't find where is the marvelous element. Its clear that this is rock/metal, with a lot of elements of Blue Oyster Cult, pop (Abba, Michael Jackson) and in some tracks a bit of twisted/evil? atmosphere with the keyboards. Mixed it all, the result is... nothing special IMO.
Their first LP was something different, with some good songs, that had the suprise element to hit your ears for a time. Infestissumam has some great songs, like Year Zero and Guleh/Zombie Queen, other good songs as Body and Blood or Monstrance clock, and fillers like Secular Haze. Was better than Opus Eponimous, and sometimes is tasted by my ears. The Ep of versions didn't like me, and the songs y heard from Meliora were too catchy, but i didn't take the full album a check to have an opinion. And now Prequelle, with all the expectation a good words said and wrotten is far away from what i'm listening. The suprise factor is lost, 4th LP for the band, and the rock/metal is less in the mix than in Infestissumam. Till the moment for me is a mediocre album, i can't find the X factor that everybody found, and when is playing i'm boring, thinking in other things... the music don't catch me. But i have a lot of curiosity to know why is so special for a lot of people.
So, surely will not be played again, but can you tell me what is the X factor that i can't find to understand this album?
06-15-2018, 11:36 AM
Найти Ответить
5atan Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Aug 2016
Рейтинг: 2
RE: What am I missing with Ghost?
I am sorry ,my friend , but there is no " X factor" !!!!! You arent missing anything , Ghost is just a big pile of dirt (My opinion) . So take an advise from an old man - Throw anything that you have with Ghost and move on
with your Life , it is way too short to waste on sxxt like ghost......... CHEERS
06-16-2018, 09:00 PM
Найти Ответить
DonkeyPenis Не на форуме

У нас с: Oct 2017
Рейтинг: 0
Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1  NOTHING they are a shitty kiddie rock band that sings about satan lol. Move on from them. Ghost need to disband and start over.
06-18-2018, 01:17 AM
Найти Ответить
DonkeyPenis Не на форуме

Or die in a plane crash.
06-18-2018, 01:19 AM
Найти Ответить
pdpt Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Jul 2018
When I first heard them I definitely wasn't a fan. Ended up forgetting about them for a few months and having a friend re-introduce me, and I really liked them.

I think they mix pop & metal pretty well, and are kind of filling that niche.

I definitely agree their newest album isn't their strongest, it's pretty catchy and did grow on me over time, but definitely doesn't feel as solid as their other stuff. I don't think forcing yourself to listen to them is the right approach; just leave them on the backburner for when your looking for something new/different to listen to.
07-31-2018, 01:56 PM
Найти Ответить
DonkeyPenis Не на форуме

Their whole discography sucks cock. Including the so-called 'masterpiece' some little kids call their 1st pile of shit. They suck. Their music is childish and there  are 1000's of better bands you could listen to other than this bunch of jerkoffs.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 08-01-2018, 02:32 PM пользователем DonkeyPenis.)
08-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Найти Ответить
AntipovAvto
Unregistered

What am I missing with Ghost
I just want to know,
What is the reason for the "ban"

That an administrator responds with foundation

En especial el tal Brodyaga
08-19-2018, 06:28 PM
Ответить
xBUNKYx Не на форуме

У нас с: May 2015
at am I missing with Ghost?
(06-15-2018, 11:36 AM)Viejales Писал(а): This month was out the last album of Ghost. In general the metal community waited it with great expectatives and these ones are overcomed.
Listened four times, i can't find where is the marvelous element. Its clear that this is rock/metal, with a lot of elements of Blue Oyster Cult, pop (Abba, Michael Jackson) and in some tracks a bit of twisted/evil? atmosphere with the keyboards. Mixed it all, the result is... nothing special IMO.
Their first LP was something different, with some good songs, that had the suprise element to hit your ears for a time. Infestissumam has some great songs, like Year Zero and Guleh/Zombie Queen, other good songs as Body and Blood or Monstrance clock, and fillers like Secular Haze. Was better than Opus Eponimous, and sometimes is tasted by my ears. The Ep of versions didn't like me, and the songs y heard from Meliora were too catchy, but i didn't take the full album a check to have an opinion. And now Prequelle, with all the expectation a good words said and wrotten is far away from what i'm listening. The suprise factor is lost, 4th LP for the band, and the rock/metal is less in the mix than in Infestissumam. Till the moment for me is a mediocre album, i can't find the X factor that everybody found, and when is playing i'm boring, thinking in other things... the music don't catch me. But i have a lot of curiosity to know why is so special for a lot of people.
So, surely will not be played again, but can you tell me what is the X factor that i can't find to understand this album?
08-21-2018, 03:06 PM
Найти Ответить
crispbacon2017 Не на форуме

I liked the song square hammer and rats, other than that they seem un-listenable
09-03-2018, 01:44 AM
Найти Ответить
matan97d Не на форуме

У нас с: Jan 2015
Well let me start off by saying you're not missing on a whole lot, Ghost is not an amazing band.
That being said I do like their music, they do have a unique sound (at least haven't heard anything similar) which is impressive.
Besides metal, I listen to some pop-ish stuff like Mew, Tame Impala so for me personally, Ghost's mixture of pop and metal is appealing.
09-04-2018, 10:53 AM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)