Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 1 - Средняя оценка: 5
Metal culture in your area
CharleyYpres Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Feb 2013
Рейтинг: 9
Metal culture in your area
What opportunities are there for metal in your areas/home towns?
Are there many unsigned or local metal bands? How about metal clubs?

The UK as a whole seems to be doing okay. Although we're lacking behind many other countries in Europe I'm noticing a lot more bands playing at least one show in London these days.
The nearest major city to me is Cardiff which gets very few bands playing gigs. Most bands never reach Wales at all and the closest place is usually Bristol (about 1.5 - 2 hours away). We have a few metal bars though which always seem to do pretty well, and there is a small circle of Welsh metal bands that are getting a good name for themselves.

How is it with everyone else?
07-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Website Найти Ответить
metaltrixter313 Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Jan 2013
Рейтинг: 11
RE: Metal culture in your area
well sweden is kinda huge as a whole in metal Music and hard rock, but in my Town it is shit. everywhere i look its pop hip hop or reggae. SHIT. i cant stand hip-hop or reggae. but well there are local bands and i am their every Concert. you must support metal at least shows and such. but i see good potential in metal these Days , their are more bands this year that are forming over here than let's say 2 years ago. so its on the rise. and their are no metal clubs what so ever only in bigger bigger Towns, such as the capital of sweden Stockholm. so its not that good on that here. HORNS UP!
07-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Найти Ответить
Selta Не на форуме

У нас с: Jun 2013
Рейтинг: 15
It's not so great. My band is doing well, but that's because we're quite a bit different than the normal bar-gig level bands. We're all professional, very good musicians with professional level gigs. Ours is a big production full of actors, fire dancers, knights in full armor doing stage combat, aerials etc. We draw 500 or so each gig. We're trying to get that number up.
Overall though, the bands here suck, which brings down the community as a whole. I guess suck is a bad term to use... they're very typical, with what you expect in composition and production level. They don't understand balance on stage, just everyone as loud as possible... lots of issues. We have a couple of venues that are more or less dedicated to metal and heavy rock, but I generally can't get myself through one full night of 7-10 mediocre bands.
07-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Найти Ответить
Drunk
Unregistered

In my immediate area not so much, but we got plenty of wannabe punk bands like thes douchebags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVWvWGl5LqY

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

However, San Francisco isn't too far from me, and we get some pretty badass metal shows there. I don't have much time for going to shows but last show I saw was Jungle Rot with cannibal Corpse. Not much of a cannibal corpse fan but jungle rot kicks major ass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPxSyy3jTzM

Of course big names like iron maiden slayer etc swing by the San Francisco area regularly too.
07-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Ответить
lordsodom
Unregistered

Never cared for the scene here in South Texas, but there are plenty of venues to catch touring international acts. Sometimes there are local gems as opening bands. My biggest peeve is you can only catch great line ups, including the few killer local bands, at huge festivals like SXSW. Sometimes they play at noon then lol
07-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Ответить
metaltrixter313 Не на форуме

У нас с: Jan 2013
Рейтинг: 11
drunk!! jungle rot is one hell of a band dude!! Smile3
07-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Найти Ответить
bangmaster Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Jul 2012
Рейтинг: 1
SEATTLE, WA USA... FINALLY WE RECOVERED FROM THE GRUNGE AND WE HAVE QUITE AN ACTIVE THRIVING METAL SCENE SO FAR HERE! LOTS OF GREAT BANDS THRASH, DEATH METAL, SLUDGECORE, TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL TOO
08-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Найти Ответить
Anaphros
Unregistered

Wish we had more bands and people playing and listening at least rock music, not to mention metal in Greece. At the moment I live in a small island because of my work and out of the 500 people I only know 3 that listen to metal and only 1 enjoyes extreme metal.

The rest listen to bad quality Greek pop/balcan/ethnic/eastern/dubstep/house mashup that they play in bars and clubs that serve Johnnie Walker, Crude Oil label. Most songs repeat the same music over and over again like this (first 10-11 seconds repeated till the end):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PON1OkX4vVY [This is not a terrible song compared to other "jewels" but it's a good example] but Opeth for instance are scratching guitars and torturing drums for them Ireful1

At least we may seem few but in the most recent concert (Heavy by the Sea with Kvelertak, Napalm Death, Rotting Christ, Down, Slayer) there was a big and noisy crowd, which is the usual picture even in small events (held in clubs etc). Yahoo

By the way Kvelertak rocks although I understand almost nothing since it's black metal vocals in Norwegian Laugh1
08-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Ответить
BloodpervertorHN
Unregistered

Hi, Im BlodpervertorHN and I'm from San Pedro Sula, Honduras , Central America .
\m/

We have interisting concerts not in our country but really close. Last month Suffocation came to Nicaragua
08-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Ответить
Selta Не на форуме

У нас с: Jun 2013
Рейтинг: 15
(08-01-2013, 08:03 AM)bangmaster Писал(а): SEATTLE, WA USA... FINALLY WE RECOVERED FROM THE GRUNGE AND WE HAVE QUITE AN ACTIVE THRIVING METAL SCENE SO FAR HERE! LOTS OF GREAT BANDS THRASH, DEATH METAL, SLUDGECORE, TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL TOO

Yeah, you must live in a different Seattle than I do ;)
08-03-2013, 02:14 AM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 2 Гость(ей)