Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Games with metal soundtracks
supermanco Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Jul 2019
Рейтинг: 0
RE: Games with metal soundtracks
(06-16-2020, 06:41 PM)Mr_Fimbulwinter Писал(а): Carmageddon on the original playstation had Fear Factory in the soundtrack.

And I'd never forget Carmageddon II featuring some Iron Maiden classics and some of those "not so classic", as long as they fitted in a single CD along with the game. Those were great times.
01-21-2021, 01:38 AM
Найти Ответить
Switchback Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Feb 2020
Рейтинг: 0
I'm surprised no one mentioned The Darkness. Not as heavy as say Doom, but great game and even greater tunes.

Here's a sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JWZAqza27E
03-09-2021, 01:45 PM
Найти Ответить
Star_Crescent Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Jan 2019
Рейтинг: -1
First of all. Doom and Doom 2 has "metal" music (you've probably heard many stories of stolen Alice In Chains and Pantera riffs), but it is has many remasters and remakes to be metal for real nowadays (Check out Doom Metal Vol. 4 and Vol. 5).
Level packs and mods made by fans includes many midis of remade metal songs, most memorable for me was "Mirror", "Endless Sacrifice" by Dream Theater; "1000 Eyes", "Perennial Quest" by Death, as well as many tracks I recognise or not. These made in GeneralMIDI so no vocals.

Quake (first) has not so metal, but ambient combined with metal elements made by Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails. At least for me it's sounds metal and disturbing enough.

Quake 2 and its addons The Reckoning and Ground Zero has awesome soundtrack, wrote by Sonic Mayhem, using elements of instrumental Thrash Metal and some Industrial (not NDH). But it has one problem - all other music is recorded, while drums are sampled, what makes them flat making them like... not live?

Quake 3 has unique soundtrack, combining many genres of elecronic music of 90's, but not casual, the more hardcore one. So many people sometimes say that's similar to the Prodigy stuff. It also has guitars, loud distortion guitars, but riffs not so catchy. It has two parts of the soundtrack - released in the game, and not released, but availible to public (but those are still cool to listen). This soundtrack written by Sonic Mayhem and Front Line Assembly.

Doom 3 has more ambient and atmospheric soundtrack, but it's main theme by Tweaker is metal enough.

Later Wolfenstein series starting 2009 showing soundtrack by Mick Gordon, it's more of mathmetal or djent rather than original definition of metal. as well as two latest Doom titles (2016 and Eternal). Personally, I'm not a fan of such soundtrack, I prefer the older ones, closer to the general heavy metal.

Left 4 Dead 2 features some tracks of hard rock (or hard-n-heavy) of a band only existed in that universe. Midnight Riders, I believe, their music is so good, but not that much heavy, but there's a rare chance when the Tank appear his theme will be played in the style of that band.

Half-Life (first) has a little bit of a metal tracks, but they only appear in a few cutscenes and for a short time.

Alien Shooter has two (three for real) amateur made metal tracks, but they are still good to listen while playing, but also the problem the music is jamming too much for 10 levels and two expansions.

Alien Shooter 2 has much more to offer, it has 11 metal tracks in total, playing only when event "action" begins. And those are REALLY good.

Super Meat Boy has some metal tracks later in the game. Hell theme is the most memorable.

Command & Conquer always was about metal while crushing Allies\Commies. Frank Klepacki is like Sonic Mayhem but if he was on cocaine. Tiberian Dawn, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 1 & 2 offers great metal with orchestral and industrial elements. That's not only the good news. Frank had live show at Magfest where he played most memorable and cool songs of the series live, metal. After that there were the making of remastered TD\RA, so he made the studio version of that. And it's sounds perfect (check it out on Youtube - C&C Remastered Soundtrack).

And I have to mention that Hearts Of Iron IV has a cheap DLC that offers to play some Sabaton tracks during the game legally.

And not mentioning Guitar Hero that made for metal.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 03-09-2021, 07:32 PM пользователем Star_Crescent.)
03-09-2021, 07:26 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)