Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
I feel I am not giving back
Sean19231 Не на форуме

Темы: 3
У нас с: Feb 2014
Рейтинг: 5
I feel I am not giving back
Hey, guys. Ever since I joined here I've felt like I was just taking, taking, and more taking. I do not want to be that guy.

I was wondering what practices you guys preform to ensure you give back what you take.

My current up/down and all that is:

Seeded: 2.25 GB
Downloaded: 32.78 GB

Seeding33
Downloading0
03-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Найти Ответить
GColares Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: May 2013
Рейтинг: 1
RE: I feel I am not giving back
Try seeding (what you download of course) as long as you can and also participate on the forums, if you find a album or anything that we don't have here just upload, is that simple
03-17-2014, 01:00 AM
Найти Ответить
Sean19231 Не на форуме

(03-17-2014, 01:00 AM)GColares Писал(а): Try seeding (what you download of course) as long as you can and also participate on the forums, if you find a album or anything that we don't have here just upload, is that simple

I appreciate the quick response. I also want to say thanks for the tip.

What I did was download 27gb worth of the music -- I -- listen to, and then regrettably deleted it from the tracker. So, to fix that situation what i've been doing today is seeding the most popular content to get to around a 1:1 ratio, ideally I'd 1:1.5 ratio or maybe eve 1:2 ratio.
03-17-2014, 01:04 AM
Найти Ответить
kaamos Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2014
(03-17-2014, 12:54 AM)Sean19231 Писал(а): Hey, guys. Ever since I joined here I've felt like I was just taking, taking, and more taking. I do not want to be that guy.

I was wondering what practices you guys preform to ensure you give back what you take.

Seeding33
Downloading0

This giving back stuff depends on how popular is your downloaded files, as more they are popular as more you seed and give back(because more people download), maybe try to download less, because as more is difference between taken and given, as harder is to recover that difference
03-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Найти Ответить
Sean19231 Не на форуме

(03-17-2014, 01:09 AM)kaamos Писал(а):
(03-17-2014, 12:54 AM)Sean19231 Писал(а): Hey, guys. Ever since I joined here I've felt like I was just taking, taking, and more taking. I do not want to be that guy.

Seeding33
Downloading0

This giving back stuff depends on how popular is your downloaded files, as more they are popular as more you seed and give back(because more people download), maybe try to download less, because as more is difference between taken and given, as harder is to recover that difference

I can completely understand that. I just wish I understood that a little more before I joined and downloaded like crazy. Now i'm in a position of 30gb more downloaded than uploaded. Like i was saying above, I am trying to make up for it by downloading the most popular things of the day, and week, and hopefully I can recover.

I just know I am not for being a mooch. I do want to give back. Just because I actively find music; I don't need to slow down, but I need to get my shit straight and stop being a leecher. hehe..
03-17-2014, 01:18 AM
Найти Ответить
kaamos Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2014
(03-17-2014, 01:18 AM)Sean19231 Писал(а):
(03-17-2014, 01:09 AM)kaamos Писал(а): [quote='Sean19231' pid='44409' dateline='1395006866']
Hey, guys. Ever since I joined here I've felt like I was just taking, taking, and more taking. I do not want to be that guy.

Seeding33
Downloading0

I can completely understand that. I just wish I understood that a little more before I joined and downloaded like crazy. Now i'm in a position of 30gb more downloaded than uploaded. Like i was saying above, I am trying to make up for it by downloading the most popular things of the day, and week, and hopefully I can recover.

I just know I am not for being a mooch. I do want to give back. Just because I actively find music; I don't need to slow down, but I need to get my shit straight and stop being a leecher. hehe..
[

Without slowing down it is going to be quite complicated
03-17-2014, 02:16 AM
Найти Ответить
Sean19231 Не на форуме

(03-17-2014, 02:16 AM)kaamos Писал(а): Without slowing down it is going to be quite complicated

Yeah it's certainly a challenge. Luckily for me, I have a good start of giving back. The most popular torrents are being seeded by me and my first night I got about 800mb and counting. I figure I keep this up, and I can get on an equal download to upload rate
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 03-17-2014, 02:49 AM пользователем Sean19231.)
03-17-2014, 02:49 AM
Найти Ответить
theembryo Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Sep 2013
Рейтинг: 3
Stick with it and you will be fine. I download a lot of music not juist for me, but for my friends, so it's easy to join swarms and just keep the torrent open when you're done.....
03-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Найти Ответить
gtm
Unregistered

As long as you didn't delete the files or reorganize them you can always download the torrent again and point them to the file.. a check will be performed and it'll start seeding.

I bought myself a seedbox to help out with my ul/dl ratio imbalance on other sites. most ISP have really bad upload rates and if your client isnt configured properly (ports not forwarded) you'll have piss poor connections to others. in one day I took my waffles ratio from .64 to 2.5+ (over 60gb uploaded).. I've been here for a week and my stats are
Seeded: 12.18 GB
Downloaded: 3.57 GB
Torrents
Seeding24 Downloading0

I don't think I've downloaded very super popular things either, but a few of the torrents im seeding I have over 20:1 ratio on lol.. I had uploaded over a gig on that particular file before the thing finally finished at 100% (poor seeder) which I guess is why I have such a massive ratio on it.

That aside.. if you can't afford a seedbox you're best to understand your limitation and not go downloading massive amounts like that.. I know this is a public-ish tracker, but on many private ones your account would have been closed/banned already.
03-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Ответить
Sean19231 Не на форуме

(03-17-2014, 09:59 PM)gtm Писал(а): As long as you didn't delete the files or reorganize them you can always download the torrent again and point them to the file.. a check will be performed and it'll start seeding.

I bought myself a seedbox to help out with my ul/dl ratio imbalance on other sites. most ISP have really bad upload rates and if your client isnt configured properly (ports not forwarded) you'll have piss poor connections to others. in one day I took my waffles ratio from .64 to 2.5+ (over 60gb uploaded).. I've been here for a week and my stats are
Torrents
Seeding24 Downloading0

I don't think I've downloaded very super popular things either, but a few of the torrents im seeding I have over 20:1 ratio on lol.. I had uploaded over a gig on that particular file before the thing finally finished at 100% (poor seeder) which I guess is why I have such a massive ratio on it.

That aside.. if you can't afford a seedbox you're best to understand your limitation and not go downloading massive amounts like that.. I know this is a public-ish tracker, but on many private ones your account would have been closed/banned already.

well, my plan to give back is working. I'm at 9.2gb now upload. id i'm not mistaken that'snlike 7gb in lne day

(03-17-2014, 09:59 PM)gtm Писал(а): As long as you didn't delete the files or reorganize them you can always download the torrent again and point them to the file.. a check will be performed and it'll start seeding.

Torrents
Seeding24 Downloading0

well, my plan to give back is working. I'm at 9.2gb now upload. id i'm not mistaken that'snlike 7gb in lne day
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 03-17-2014, 10:39 PM пользователем Sean19231.)
03-17-2014, 10:39 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)