Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Doom Bands
BloodpervertorHN
Unregistered

Doom Bands
Hi every one! I opened this thread because I am really into Doom bands. I started off by the basics, such as Black Sabbath and Candlemass (Epicus Doomicus Metallicus was perfect).
Among contemporary bands my favorites are Eye of Solitude ( even though some of their songs are really long, it is worth when you hear those powerful vocals) , Ablazed in Hatred, My Dying Bride, Type O Negative.

What other bands do you fine gentleman and ladies recommend me?
02-19-2014, 02:23 AM
Ответить
ejimenez182 Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Jan 2013
Рейтинг: 4
RE: Doom Bands
more classic bands: trouble, saint vitus, pentagram, witchfinder general, the obsessed

and then you can try with solitude aeturnus, reverend bizarre (best doom band ever), the gates of slumber, paradise lost (death doom), anathema(death doom), katatonia(death doom), cathedral(stoner doom), electric wizard(stoner doom)
02-19-2014, 04:47 AM
Найти Ответить
BloodpervertorHN
Unregistered

(02-19-2014, 04:47 AM)ejimenez182 Писал(а): more classic bands: trouble, saint vitus, pentagram, witchfinder general, the obsessed

and then you can try with solitude aeturnus, reverend bizarre (best doom band ever), the gates of slumber, paradise lost (death doom), anathema(death doom), katatonia(death doom), cathedral(stoner doom), electric wizard(stoner doom)

Thank you ejimenez182! I will definitely start with Reverend Bizarre and then move from there
02-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Ответить
dkkc19 Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Sep 2013
Рейтинг: 0
Try 'Moon Mistress' I'm sure they won't disappoint you.
02-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Найти Ответить
BloodpervertorHN
Unregistered

any specif album? I heard today a band named Victims Of Creation.... wow! Listen to them... Im sure you'll like it
02-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Ответить
asteriskpound Не на форуме

У нас с: Dec 2013
Рейтинг: 3
Samothrace from Seattle absolutely pummels. Also Church of Misery is one of the hardest working bands on the extreme metal circuit for a very good reason. They have those bluesy sabbath riffs down to a science.
02-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Найти Ответить
foul ole john Не на форуме

У нас с: Sep 2013
Рейтинг: 8
Try some of funeral doom.
FUNERAL - said to be the saddest band in the world (after suicide ratio - there's something in it :P). Especcialy Tragedies LP.
THERGOTHON - filthy, dark, grim, unholy slow sound from outer dimensions. Fhtagn!
NORTT - guy says, he plays "pure depressive funeral doom black metal". Well, kinda precise. That's exactly it: black metal in about 30 beats per minute.

And few good doom metal bands from Poland, which are hardly known, but worth to put an ear on them.
ALTAIR
ANDROMEDA
CEMETERY OF SCREAM
FDS - rather alternative black/doom/ambient/something
UNNAMED - doom/black/death
All is on the tracker Smile3

Howgh!
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 02-27-2014, 03:21 AM пользователем foul ole john.)
02-27-2014, 03:15 AM
Website Найти Ответить
gothicsam Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 1
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Swallow the Sun as yet .. a bit of cross over from doom/melo death ... absolutely awesome music !
03-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Найти Ответить
Dantron0
Unregistered

How do you feel about doom metal with sludge/stoner influences?
You can try Electric Wizard, Torche, Dystopia (sludge/doom/crust punk), Mare (sludge/doom/jazz/Georgian chant), the Melvins albums Lysol and Bullhead, the Boris album Amplifier Worship.
03-06-2014, 05:42 AM
Ответить
Iaxon
Unregistered

Woods of Ypres, one of my personal faves. I put them right under Type O. Sadly the singer died in a car wreck a while back, which makes tracks lyrcs like "by the time you read this, I will already be dead" that much more haunting.
03-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)