Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
What am I missing with Ghost?
cynicalduck Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Aug 2018
Рейтинг: 0
RE: What am I missing with Ghost?
For scooby-doo music, it's pretty decent. On the same shelf (or trash bin, depends) as BMTH.
09-11-2018, 05:30 PM
Найти Ответить
Viejales Не на форуме

Темы: 2
У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 8
Ok, i opened this thread some time ago and more or less, the general opinion is an overrated LP the last one. I must say i didn't try to hear it again. The idea gave me headache, but i'm very curious and would like someone could give me arguments to defend the hype of this album. Cause is true, this album has a lot of defenders and fanboys. A lot of time ago Marilyn Manson was a hype too, which don't like me at all, but at least the defenders tried to "show me the way" and could know their reasons/opinions
09-13-2018, 10:55 PM
Найти Ответить
spectralsorrow Не на форуме

У нас с: Sep 2018
I like Opus Eponymous, Infestissumam. Meliora not that much. Haven't listened to Prequelle.
Some bands just evolve in a direction that just doesn't make you happy. Metallica for instance.
Stopped listening to their music after the black album.
Not every band can remain the same during a long period of time.
10-07-2018, 11:50 AM
Найти Ответить
Revolted Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2014
As others said, you're not missing anything. You either like, or you don't. Anyways, Ghost is Heavy Metal for the masses, heavily inspired in Mercyful Fate (although not as good, by a large margin). If you take away the gimmicks, beneath it all, it's a pop band with some Heavy Metal references. Most people like them, most people also like Beyonce, Justin Bieber, etc.
10-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Найти Ответить
spectralsorrow Не на форуме

I like the sound on the 2 first albums, especially the hammond organ. Don't even listen to the lyrics... But that's the fantastic thing about music. You like or you don't. I don't waste any energy on being annoyed over other ppl's taste of music. There is listeners to any kind of music and that's awesome...even though their taste sucks Rofl
10-13-2018, 09:36 PM
Найти Ответить
Murdox1221 Не на форуме

(09-13-2018, 10:55 PM)Viejales Писал(а): Ok, i opened this thread some time ago and more or less, the general opinion is an overrated LP the last one. I must say i didn't try to hear it again. The idea gave me headache, but i'm very curious and would like someone could give me arguments to defend the hype of this album. Cause is true, this album has a lot of defenders and fanboys. A lot of time ago Marilyn Manson was a hype too, which don't like me at all, but at least the defenders tried to "show me the way" and could know their reasons/opinions

Ghost is metal for people who don't like metal. 

A large part of their appeal is that they are so edgy, and allow "metal" heads to say they listen to "black" metal without really listing to it. It' the same thing as listing to Taylor Swift rap and thinking you are a gangster.
10-20-2018, 05:44 AM
Найти Ответить
ojimal Не на форуме

У нас с: Oct 2018
In my opinion Ghost is all a band publicity for money, when i heard is nothing spected just dark lirycs in first albums, they have all planned metallica and other bands give the publish now touring with, and the all problem with old members for me is all planned for one reason publicity and sold somenthing is sticky (sorry for my english) for ears, I call of these a fucking desgrace and reggeaton to music, so move on and listen some Bathuska...

The only thing I have for Ghost is mix dark letters to stycky rhythm to catch most people around with the dark message write in letters.. Is all in my persective...
10-23-2018, 08:02 AM
Найти Ответить
osga21 Не на форуме

У нас с: Feb 2015
Ghost is pretty good, though I wouldn't consider them a metal band. It's kind of like an heavier pop-rock, their songs are catchy as hell and get stuck in your head for days. That's what special about them, they're sort of an easy listening band, and they occupy that niche really well. They of course have their satanic church gimmick which can be pretty hit or miss, but I think it's supposed to be cheesy and their live act can be really entertaining.

Everyone in this thread is taking Ghost too seriously, some dude said they were black metal(?? how?), their lyrics aren't eant to be taken serious and the cheesiness is a part of the appeal, kind of like Steel Panther except they're not a comedy band.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 10-23-2018, 11:44 AM пользователем osga21.)
10-23-2018, 11:43 AM
Найти Ответить
Hades86 Не на форуме

У нас с: Nov 2018
They're just OK. I find them to be kind of like the Misfits (Misfits backed it up with good music ) with their clothing line though. It's just a marketing gimmick imo. I see nothing but Ghost T's and stickers everywhere and I don't know why. They're just OK imo.
11-29-2018, 10:43 AM
Найти Ответить
Ardate Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Mar 2017
Рейтинг: 4
The majority of the answers to this topic are hilarious. Metalheads and their ever famous sense of nuance!

Anyway.
Ghost is one of those easy metal bands - the kind of band that allows mainstream people to get an interest in metal, and either deepen this interest, or not (which is fine). They're entry-level metal in that their sonority is definitely melodic, and even pop in their two more recent albums. Their first two albums were more metal than the last ones, which disappointed those who were interested in the earlier concept. Rare are the bands that stay on only one path though, for those who do often end up parodying themselves and ultimately losing their fans' interest anyway.

Musically speaking, I find a real interest in their work - I'm the kind of metalhead that steps in many different music genres, which I suppose makes it easier for me to forgive Ghost for the more pop-like sonority they've adopted recently. They have a true talent in forging strong melodies, and they managed to keep their creativity going despite their restricted theme of satanism.
It is however very understandable to not fall into them. You're not missing anything, their music just doesn't speak to you on a personal level. I've been introduced to many 'life changing' bands by friends that left me shrugging, to their dismay.

Ultimately, Ghost does have talent, although their music is maybe too mainstream sounding for this forum's public, which is ok. But there's no need to get too elitist about it!
02-15-2019, 04:23 AM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)