Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 2 - Средняя оценка: 4.5
What book are you reading?
morbidgoat Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Mar 2014
Рейтинг: 1
RE: What book are you reading?
I am reading The archetypes and the collective unconscious by Jung, and for the people that like sci-fi I would recommend Neuromancer
03-23-2016, 04:51 AM
Найти Ответить
sensifer Не на форуме

У нас с: Jun 2014
As a studient in french litterature, I have to read a lot of books at the same time.

For college: Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky, young torless by Musil (and that's the two books who are interesting in my degree this year)

For myself: I reading again Nietzsche, because, well, it's pretty dope and you can have a great experience reading it while you listening to some ambiant black metal. Schoppenhauer is a good one too.
I read Camus too. The stranger is one of my favourite books, because it shows perfectly how useless you are in some moods
04-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Найти Ответить
maroutas Не на форуме

У нас с: Nov 2013
Рейтинг: 0
Crime and punishment is a great book sensifer!

I'm currently reading Heart of Darkness by J. Conrad, a very interesting novel about the culture of white colonists in Africa during the late 19th century. It was the basis and heavy influence of the film Apocalypse Now (although seemingly set-up in entirely different continents)
04-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Найти Ответить
DaveReak Не на форуме

У нас с: Apr 2015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon

"In the novel's somewhat dystopian world, human personalities can be stored digitally and downloaded into new bodies, called sleeves. Most people have cortical stacks in their spinal columns that store their memories. If their body dies, their stack can be stored indefinitely. Catholics have arranged that they will not be resleeved as they believe that the soul goes to Heaven when they die, and so would not pass on to the new sleeve. This makes Catholics targets for murder, since killers know their victim will not be resleeved to testify.

"A man named Laurens Bancroft—has apparently committed suicide, in which his stack was destroyed. He is resleeved from a backup. Because his stack is on a 48-hour back-up schedule, he has no memories of his actions during the previous 48 hours. He believes his apparent suicide was actually a murder and hires Takeshi Kovacs to investigate his death."
04-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Найти Ответить
Diegocaro85 Не на форуме

У нас с: Mar 2013
War and Peace by Leon Tolstoi.
04-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Найти Ответить
EdIsInHell Не на форуме

У нас с: Aug 2015
Curious George
04-15-2016, 02:08 AM
Найти Ответить
MetalBeastt
Unregistered

[Изображение: whatif_cover.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg]
05-16-2016, 07:21 AM
Ответить
pensia Не на форуме

У нас с: Jan 2015
I'm currently reading All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders. It's a Sci-Fi fantasy book, so far good.
05-16-2016, 08:15 AM
Найти Ответить
DeadGuy Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Apr 2016
A Night To Remember
05-16-2016, 10:21 PM
Найти Ответить
Morgana33 Не на форуме

У нас с: May 2016
The Dice Man written by Luke Rhinehart (George Cockcroft)
05-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)