Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 1 - Средняя оценка: 5
Interviews with rockstars
shamanist Не на форуме

Темы: 10
У нас с: Jul 2010
Рейтинг: 14
RE: Interviews with rockstars
SILENZIUM is a Russian band from Novosibirsk consisting of three charming ladies who play multiple genres of music, from interpretations of the classical works of Vivaldi, Bach, Mussorgsky, to performing covers of famous metal bands like Rammstein, Death, as well as playing their own folk songs. Frontwoman and founding member Natalya Grigorieva speaks with us about some background details below.
[Изображение: fe64ac57af004a9e4d57346a712b533a03538eb0_700.jpg]
Mr.Doctor: Hello, Natalya. Let’s skip how, where and why the SILENZIUM was formed - this info can be easily found on the internet. Let’s get straight to the point. The initial line-up of the band had more members than now. How come the band ended up as an all-female trio?

Natalya Grigorieva: We had to change our lineup due to financial issues – it’s easier to divide money by three, and beautiful girls are always fashion trends.

Mr.Doctor: Didn’t you have fears that your debut album, which consists of interpretations of the classical works, would be a failure? This style of music is not very popular with the public…

Natalya Grigorieva: I didn’t, I was just sure that nobody would want to listen to it. So I did it all for myself. I'm surprised that people like it.

Mr.Doctor: How come Death band’s covers appear on your albums? To me it’s quite understandable that you do covers of the famous bands like Rammstein, System Of a Down or Metallica, but Death is not widely known outside the metal scene.

Natalya Grigorieva. One of my friends introduced me to their music and I understood that was my kind of music, so I do.

Mr.Doctor: Do you have any plans to record more vocal tracks? For your next folk album, maybe? – I just loved the expressional song “Свобода степи” from the album “Улетай”.

Natalya Grigorieva: We don't plan to record vocals (occasionally, maybe) - spare mouth is just like a stab in the back. Nobody wants to work for free.

Mr.Doctor: What are your plans for a new album?

Natalya Grigorieva: We do not plan anything. I get an idea and just start writing.

Mr.Doctor: By what criteria do you choose songs for your music videos?

Natalya Grigorieva: The criteria are just enough money for shooting a music video (and we don’t have any).

Mr.Doctor: I saw some kind of unusual, futuristic instruments on your photographs and live peformances, did you buy it or it's custom?

Natalya Grigorieva: these are just electro-violins and an electro-cello, nothing special. We bought them in a Chinese shop. But the igil yes… it was customly ordered.

Mr.Doctor: Do you make your own image or hire professional image makers?

Natalya Grigorieva: We work on it ourselves, we just can’t afford professional image makers.

Mr.Doctor: What styles of music do you prefer?

Natalya Grigorieva: I am in for classics and industrial rock.

Mr.Doctor: Can you name  top-5 bands on your list, please.

Natalya Grigorieva: Rammstein, Death, Vivaldi, Handel, everything depends on the mood I'm in.

Mr.Doctor: It’s very popular now to appear in side projects. Do you get such offers?

Natalya Grigorieva: We never get any offers at all.

Mr.Doctor: Where would you like to give a concert? In other words, what is your dream stage?

Natalya Grigorieva: Nice question. You know we did our shows on many stages, including big arenas. I think there isn’t a particular stage. My dream stage is the one with professional lights and good sound. Unfortunately, there are very few such stages, the farther away from Moscow the fewer, I guess.

Mr.Doctor: Is there any other performer you would like to tour with?

Natalya Grigorieva: 2Cellos. They are gods, best of all I know.

Mr.Doctor: What question would you like to answer but have never been asked?

Natalya Grigorieva: I don’t really know. I never thought about it.

Mr.Doctor: Is there something you would like to say for the Metal-Tracker website in the end.

Natalya Grigorieva: I would like to wish russian metalheads, especially those who play in bands, to keep up the good work. Making music is hard and frustrating in russian conditions. But if you just keep moving forward you wil achieve success.

Let me wish the band good luck, lots of new records and great shows and lots of inspiration. And thank charming Natalya for her sincere answers.

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 05-17-2019, 03:55 PM пользователем shamanist.)
09-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Найти

Сообщения в этой теме
Interviews with rockstars - Автор: shamanist - 01-31-2017, 09:43 AM
BLACKTHORN - Автор: shamanist - 01-31-2017, 09:45 AM
RE: Interviews with rockstars - Автор: shamanist - 09-07-2017, 02:27 PM
RE: Interviews with rockstars - Автор: mr.doctor - 01-18-2018, 08:03 PM
RE: Interviews with rockstars - Автор: mr.doctor - 05-28-2018, 08:34 AM
RE: Interviews with rockstars - Автор: FuneralWolf - 05-14-2019, 05:52 PM

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)