Interviews with rockstars
mr.doctor
Unregistered

RE: Interviews with rockstars
KAIRA

[Изображение: f183678addd4f532978018fe5ed5e0eb.png]

Mr. Doctor: Hello Kaira.

Kaira Drozdova: Hello.

MD. Please tell, how do you spread responsibilities in your band? Who is writing music? Who is writing lyrics? Who puts together concert setlist etc.?

KD. Pavel Drozdov writes music and I (Kaira) write lyrics. We all compile the setlist during the repetitions. And setlist can change from time to time if it’s not based on some concept. Each of us takes part in arrangement

MD. How would new album differ from the last one? Will it differ stylistically in terms of music? Will it be conceptual in terms of lyrics?

KD. In the new album, I continue the development of the semantic line that was started in "Roots Of Veles". But this time the lyrics won’t show my point of view on a particular event or situation. In the new album I want to briefly convey the traditions of my ancestors, to celebrate some traditions and bright events of the times when the Sun was God. For sure, this album will be the conceptual one! I could tell a lot, but I don’t want to disclose all the cards, as now the process of its creation is in full swing, and the new album is now forged note by note, riff by riff, word by word. The style will remain aggressive groove pagan metal, but it will be decorated with some ritual elements!

MD. What caused your switch to English lyrics?

KD. It was caused by popularization of our native metal in Europe and so on.

MD. You have created the voting in the internet about choosing the language for your upcoming album. So as I understand you already have 2 versions of it: English and Russian?

KD. This question is very important for us today! As Woland told “the questions of blood are the hardest questions in the world”. The attraction of the native is greater, and it’s stronger than me! I can’t convey the meaning and energy of this album, if its language will be foreign. Each Russian word is like a whole sentence, it carries a number of images, subtext, and sometimes words can give answers to the questions of being, if you look at them, say ... from a different angle! In general, a whole layer of culture of our distant ancestors lies in Russian words! Words were passing the legacy for many generations from mouth to mouth. And due to this, now we can imagine by word-images the life, culture, weltanschauung, actions and many other things, which occurred thousands of years ago on our land! It is very important to use Russian in this album! We are at the very beginning of comprehending the covenants of the past and we won’t comprehend them all in a single day. I want you to start with us!

MD. Do you want to reissue your English albums in Russian?

KD. Lyrics in English albums were originally conceived in English so to reissue these albums we have to rewrite all the lyrics from scratch and this can completely change the idea of the text! And I see no point in returning to it, we need to go forward with new ideas!

MD. Did you ever have any plans to record a bonus track in Belarusian?

KD. No, we have never even discussed that.

MD. At the moment there is no full-time male vocalist in the band. Why has the previous vocalist left the band? Will the new album include male vocals?

KD. Let’s leave the reasons of his departure undisclosed. The male vocal on the new album will be Pavel Drozdov’s. If we speak about growl and scream, than these parts same as clean vocals will be mine.

MD. Is there any working title for the new album?

KD. The title of the album is still to be chosen!

MD. Who had drawn the artwork of previous albums, and who will draw artwork for the new one?

KD. We have worked with different artists for almost every album. All the artworks after "Roots Of Veles" are made by our bass player Vitali Oleinik! I think we will continue this way!

MD. Do you plan to add a second guitarist to the band, and if not than why?

Pavel Drozdov joins the conversation not for long: There’s no sense in adding second guitarist. One guitar is more than enough.

MD. What bands have influenced you the most in the early period of your creation?

KD. If we are talking about this, at the time of our first album all the informal youth was listening to the same bands, both Western and Russian industry of heavy metal. We were not in any way an exception to this rule! It’s easier to list the styles of the metal: hard / heavy, power, etc., and later our tastes started to become heavier, so we were influenced by hardcore, black metal and so on.

MD. Had changes in your style changed your music preferences? Who are your favorite bands now?

KD. We have never been fans of anyone; we just have respect for some bands for their great contribution to the world heavy artillery! I can listen in my car with pleasure to Lamb of God, Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Metallica, System Of A Down, Slipknot.

MD. With which bands do you want the most to share the stage?

KD. We’d like to make atmospheric show at first-rate festival alongside the bands like Amon Amarth, Dimmu Borgir, Korpiklaani.

MD. Kaira, is your voice an inborn gift or a result of long and hard work? How do you keep your voice in shape?

KD. I think it's a gift, but it’s related to the power and to the presentation of sound. But without hard work you won’t achieve good technique. Ligaments are muscles and someone has them developed from birth. But if you train them, they can become much more powerful! It’s good time to quote my mastermind Bruce Lee: « Hard work is the only way to any goal! ». I try to adhere to the eternal rules of the vocalist. Enemies of the vocalist are cold, alcohol, lack of sleep, overexertion of ligaments (this includes a bunch of negative factors, such as loud laughter, long rehearsals, lack of time for warm up singing), junk food and so on. But to know is not enough, it is necessary to obey this. But I'm a human being anyway.

MD. Kaira, I’ve seen that you play concerts barefoot. Many people are savage and can throw some crap on the stage. Have you had any injuries due to that?

KD. Everything is fine. As it turned out, it’s very comfortable to play shows barefoot. Also, it looks very natural, in my opinion.

MD. Your current stage image was formed after the recording of the “Roots Of Veles” album. Will it change after the recording of the new album?  

KD. “Roots Of Veles” made a great impact on us in all senses: from the model of thought to our image (both on the stage and in everyday life). This album helped us to realize that there is something more than metal, we found the idea not only in the musical part of the group. The certain concept of thought appeared, which leads us to unity, which unites us not only as musicians, but as grandchildren of Dažbog, and now we are going together to the common goal.

MD. When should we expect the release of the new album?

KD. I can’t reply this question now, as album is currently in process of creation.

MD. How have you got the contract with your current label? (In the 2015 the band has signed the contract with Sliptrick Records for mass edition of album with distribution in US, Europe and Japan).
KD. Label itself had offered terms which were suitable for us, so we has signed the contract. We are not sure that we will continue this cooperation.

MD. I’ve seen on the photo that Pavel is engaged in auto racing, is it a hobby, or does he do that on a professional basis? And what hobbies do other musicians of the group have?

KD. It’s more like hobby, as Pavel takes part in racing in free time. During summertime we like to gather with our friends, ride the motorcycles and seek historical places of Belarus. Such places are generally dilapidated by time and forgotten by people, unfortunately. I adore ancient things, forgotten history, legends and tales. I also like Tolkien’s world and we try to recreate it in our home. The proper atmosphere is very important for me. In general, I like everything related to hobbits, gnomes, elves and dragons. Anya likes to travel on motorcycle in Europe with her husband. She’s also a volunteer and helps homeless animals to find a home. Vitalik (Dzhyan) is interested in computer graphics, design and photo art. In his spare time he goes to the gym. Dima devotes to a drama most of his free time. He’s also a movie fan and he also visits the gym.

MD. Could you please tell also some words for our website?

KD. I will reply with a quote from our song “Ynglinga saga”:
The gods will live while their rivers flow in our veins!
And Ynglinga saga will not end
While the children of the ancient clans live
And while the sun illuminates our mind.
Kaira Spiel

In our turn, we’ll wish the group not to slow down, and we’ll also wish them to record a lot of albums and to play performances on many scenes.
Let's say «thank you» to the talented musician and the beautiful woman. And we are looking forward for the release of the new album.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 05-17-2019, 04:06 PM пользователем shamanist.)
01-18-2018, 08:03 PM

Сообщения в этой теме
Interviews with rockstars - Автор: shamanist - 01-31-2017, 09:43 AM
BLACKTHORN - Автор: shamanist - 01-31-2017, 09:45 AM
RE: Interviews with rockstars - Автор: shamanist - 09-07-2017, 02:27 PM
RE: Interviews with rockstars - Автор: mr.doctor - 01-18-2018, 08:03 PM
RE: Interviews with rockstars - Автор: mr.doctor - 05-28-2018, 08:34 AM
RE: Interviews with rockstars - Автор: FuneralWolf - 05-14-2019, 05:52 PM

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)