Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 7 - Средняя оценка: 3.86
Black Metal you feel deserves Daily Listening
Nox Sentinel Не на форуме

Темы: 1
У нас с: Feb 2014
Рейтинг: 1
Black Metal you feel deserves Daily Listening
Wanted to make a thread dedicated to awe inspiring black metal, in which I hope to learn a thing or two.

The bands I currently listen to are Drudkh, Xasthur, Melechesh, Craft and Satanic Warmaster.
These bands I feel embrace the eerie and cold of black metal.
I specifically like Drudkh for the folkish element, and Xasthur is... dark. Craft and Melechesh embrace the chaos of black metal sound, with Melechesh being Sumerian themed, which shows in their music. I highly recommend Melechesh to those who like a unique sound within well done BM.
Satanic Warmaster... Nothing speaks to me like their release, Carelian Satanist Madness.

I am a huge Burzum fan, from his original self title to Umpskitar, he speaks to me in a way. One of very few artists who evolved so far and kept my attention. I will admit in my early days of uneducated black metal I went through my phases of disliking things if they weren't "black metal" enough, but since then it's become about the music. I have grown to where black metal is simply a lifestyle, and while it is a genre containing a lot of hate, that hate should not be directed at music.

Darkthrone's first 4 albums really got me since the first time I heard each of them, however I am yet to find another Darkthrone release that speaks to me as much. I enjoyed Plaguewielder. I keep hearing the word "Lame" in various songs... F.O.A.D. especially. idk if you enjoyed another release do post your opinion.

I could never do Mayhem and Immortal beyond a few choice songs, that being said I do occasionally listen to De Vermis Dom Sathanas and Ordo Ad Chao (the latter barely being mayhem I know). I'll admit my hesitance toward Immortal is the comical persona of Abbatt portrayed in the music- my ears cant help what they hear, and they hear that guy widening his eyes and smiling. My loss I suppose.

I go through phases of Watain, I saw them live and it was fucking awesome, but it's so clean I can't find myself listening to more than an album at a time. Craft is like the more true to form version of Watain in my opinion. Then if you like those bands, try the move to Portal.

So please, have at my musical tastes and post your own.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 02-08-2014, 12:41 PM пользователем Nox Sentinel.)
02-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Найти Ответить
foul ole john Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Sep 2013
Рейтинг: 8
RE: Black Metal you feel deserves Daily Listening
You mentioned only well-known bands. But there are many hordes that are playing totally awesome staff and no one knows them :P The main reason of the unknowness is that they often record one-two demos and split up.

But I highly recommend:
*Abyssus - Polish pagan BM
*Autumnal Cold - Polish black/funeral doom
*Ulveheim (yeah, they are from Monterrey, Mexico - don't ask me why they sing in Norwegian Rofl )
*A Winter Lost - Canadian BM. They sing in German. Definitely - good lang for black metal :P
02-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Website Найти Ответить
tequilacarl
Unregistered

I can listen to Satyricon daily, the age of nero album to be precise.
02-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Ответить

(02-08-2014, 01:53 PM)foul ole john Писал(а): You mentioned only well-known bands. But there are many hordes that are playing totally awesome staff and no one knows them :P The main reason of the unknowness is that they often record one-two demos and split up.

This is why I made this thread- There are a few bands I've picked up in the last few weeks that are less well known, Svarttjern and Svartidauði I'm just getting into, really liking what I'm hearing so far.

I'll check out what you mentioned, and I'd love a PM if you enjoy sharing the fruits of your musical journies through black metal, as all I do is look for and listen to it in every form.
02-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Найти Ответить
foul ole john Не на форуме

У нас с: Sep 2013
Рейтинг: 8
I sent you some good stuff Smile3

(02-08-2014, 12:38 PM)Nox Sentinel Писал(а): Darkthrone's first 4 albums really got me since the first time I heard each of them, however I am yet to find another Darkthrone release that speaks to me as much. I enjoyed Plaguewielder. I keep hearing the word "Lame" in various songs... F.O.A.D. especially. idk if you enjoyed another release do post your opinion.

If it's about Darkthrone - I really enjoy what Fenriz play now. It's still black as fack, but there's something more in those records - they are filled with cheap whiskey, base cigarette smoke, and the essentia of Ugly, Dirty, Unshaven, Drunken Rock'n'Roll Bastard. Metal as fuck, if you ask me. Circle the wagons, Dark thrones and black flags - these are my fave of new DT.

EDIT: Wow. Just realized: That first emoticon doesn't look good with "good stuff" Rofl
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 02-09-2014, 01:23 AM пользователем foul ole john.)
02-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Website Найти Ответить
secs0
Unregistered

Deathspell Omega
Wolves in The Throne Room
Watain
Kvist (Stupet is pure love)
Nocternity

And french black metal, in my personal opinion is amazing, bands like Deahspell Omega, S.V.E.S.T., Mutiilation, Sael, Lantlos, Peste Noire, Seth and many more are amazing!!!

Sorry for my bad english
02-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Ответить
nevs
Unregistered

(02-11-2014, 01:51 AM)secs0 Писал(а): Deathspell Omega
Wolves in The Throne Room
Watain
Kvist (Stupet is pure love)
Nocternity

And french black metal, in my personal opinion is amazing, bands like Deahspell Omega, S.V.E.S.T., Mutiilation, Sael, Lantlos, Peste Noire, Seth and many more are amazing!!!

Sorry for my bad english

Indeed good. Thanks for sharing.
02-11-2014, 06:19 AM
Ответить
spitlord
Unregistered

Absu
Arsis
Darkthrone
Emperor
Noctuary
Watain

*edit

Oops, forgot Behemoth. Listening to the newer one now, I'm blown away.
02-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Ответить

Appreciate all the input guys, keep it flowing. I tend to know of most bands in the immediate scene, however I have not listened to all of them in depth, so if theres a particular album you enjoy do specify.

As for my own recent listenings, I'm quite taken with all of the Darkspace releases, very neat. Flesh Cathedral [EP] by Svartidauði is a nice long listen too I've been enjoying.
Whoever said Absu you're damn right, I love that their drummer is the vocalist, fucking badass.
Svarttjern seems pretty agreeable to me too, just a band that knows what they're doing.

I just got into my old hard drive that had all the black metal I lost a couple years ago so I'll report back with anything I had forgotten about. Already had a few heart stopping moments in remembering some of these bands.
Brutal to lose my iPod with all of that stuff, double brutal to lose all that stuff for so long. Hopefully I can share some of it.

I'd also like to stress that the two releases by Thy Light are fucking incredible. Brazilian DSBM, the best I've heard so far.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 02-18-2014, 02:46 AM пользователем Nox Sentinel.)
02-18-2014, 02:43 AM
Найти Ответить
Venom1515 Не на форуме

У нас с: Dec 2013
Рейтинг: 0
I feel that Emperor and Carpathian Forest really deserves this, great bands!
02-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)