• Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
The future of our music...
tears_of_fire Не на форуме
Posting Freak

Темы: 8
У нас с: Jan 2014
Рейтинг: 115
RE: The future of our music...
(11-01-2016, 06:26 PM)mistressofdecay Писал(а): Ah, don't get me wrong...... Just to make things clear...... We are talking about the future of this music, while the present already sucks......

don't worry, your words were already clear, and I couldn't be able to say it in a better way  Smile3

some said that I don't have to worry about all this, that I just have to enjoy the music, blah blah blah...... I'm not worried and I enjoy a lot of good and bad music, this is not a matter of life and death, but if we take a look, the situation is not so optimistic......

if we want to talk about talent, well, I see much more of it in young bands than in the same old big names (*)...... maybe it's because of the record companies, maybe it's because a young musician has some more "sparks" of inspiration that are extinct in an older musician...... but, as we've said, for a real talented young musician is really hard to come out between the millions of others that overcrowd the scene and, again, the record companies first help him to rise, then choke him to conform his music to the trend......

let me say it again: "we are talking about the future of this music, while the present already sucks......"  Cray

(* I try to force myself to like, for example, every new MAIDEN album, but from "x-factor" to the last one, I'm sorry to say, I find only 5 - 6 good riffs between and endless mess of boring fucking annoying crap...... and it happens not only with MAIDEN......)
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 11-01-2016, 08:15 PM пользователем tears_of_fire.)
11-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Найти Ответить
mistressofdecay
Unregistered

I know what you mean, once a band reaches its peak, it can only slowly go down. Nowadays they release some decent stuff, but that's all I would call it, just decent. Not bad, but still not better than their older releases, nothing more, nothing less (personal opinion, peace). As fans, all we can do is support the scene by going to concerts and hope that there will always be inspiration for both the young and the old ones. But, you know, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and people don't always have to agree. Someone might love a new band while someone else might hate it. I think there'll always be some good stuff regardless of my personal taste (you know, I still have a lot to learn about this music and I'll never stop learning).
11-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Ответить
Posting Freak

(11-01-2016, 09:20 PM)mistressofdecay Писал(а): ...... you know, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one......

Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1 it's something I say very often  Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1

anyway...... till now we've only talked about past, present or future, a lot of words and arguments...... well...... now let's pass to the music itself...... I've already said that, IMHO, something that can keep alive our music and give it a big push towards the future is the contaminations with elements by other generes, something new that can get out from the usual patterns...... for example, in the last years I've appreciated bands with some electronic element in their music, like (already mentioned) AMARANTHE or MACHINAE SUPREMACY...... or bands from middle east that include some of their traditional / ethnic music in their songs, like MYRATH from Tunisia......  maybe they'll never be "true legends" but, if the past has been written by few legendary bands, probably the future of our music will be made by thousands of little-big bands......  Smile3

and what about you?? do you know, guys, some lttle new band that, in your opinion, deserves to write its name in the big book of music history ?? mh ??  Smile3
11-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Найти Ответить
abarai Не на форуме

Темы: 0
У нас с: Feb 2014
Рейтинг: 22
(11-01-2016, 11:38 PM)tears_of_fire Писал(а):
(11-01-2016, 09:20 PM)mistressofdecay Писал(а): ...... you know, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one......

Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1 it's something I say very often  Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1

anyway...... till now we've only talked about past, present or future, a lot of words and arguments...... well...... now let's pass to the music itself...... I've already said that, IMHO, something that can keep alive our music and give it a big push towards the future is the contaminations with elements by other generes, something new that can get out from the usual patterns...... for example, in the last years I've appreciated bands with some electronic element in their music, like (already mentioned) AMARANTHE or MACHINAE SUPREMACY...... or bands from middle east that include some of their traditional / ethnic music in their songs, like MYRATH from Tunisia......  maybe they'll never be "true legends" but, if the past has been written by few legendary bands, probably the future of our music will be made by thousands of little-big bands......  Smile3

and what about you?? do you know, guys, some lttle new band that, in your opinion, deserves to write its name in the big book of music history ?? mh ??  Smile3

In my opinion you're looking at it all from the wrong perspective, because first of all, if any of the bands that are gonna be the next legends are now in the making, there is no possible way you could see it now. Second, how many small bands do you think were trying to make it out in the past but now, no one remembers them? it's definitely thousands, and more so with the lack of social media and distribution at the time, most of them were unknown to the majority of the planet. Besides you can't possibly think every artist that's gonna tr, will surely make it out and become legendary. Then you have to take into consideration that most bands that made it out at some point were not taken seriously, had a hard time, criticized, even more so when making a major breakthrough stylistically. So yeah I don't think it will be easy to see and spot the legends of tomorrow now, but maybe when we are even older we'd be telling our grandchildren that we grew up listening to the next Metallica or Judas Priest eh?
11-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Найти Ответить
Posting Freak

(11-02-2016, 01:07 PM)abarai Писал(а): ...... when we are even older......

I am already older  Laugh1

anyway...... I fully agree with you...... to foresee the future is something not very easy...... but, strarting from (serious) considerations upon the actual situation of music and music business (and we all agree that, for a reason or another, it's at some point of no return), now I wanted to go on with a "game": is there some new / young band that you could bet on to become the new big future legend ?? because you like it, because of its talent, because has something new, because you've seen it in your crystal ball...... whatever  Grin
11-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Найти Ответить
abarai Не на форуме

(11-02-2016, 01:35 PM)tears_of_fire Писал(а):
(11-02-2016, 01:07 PM)abarai Писал(а): ...... when we are even older......

I am already older  Laugh1

Hence the use of even  Laugh1

Now you are saying that from serious considerations, you can see that music is at a point of no return, can you tell me for sure, 100 %, that people 50 yeas ago did not say the same thing? Did not maybe feel the same way? Did not have the same fears? That the music scene did not look as hopeless as you now feel? I'll just give you one little innovation that was created about 30-35 years ago that was thought to be the death of music, but I did not see any trouble from it "Digital Mixing Consoles". Just think about that period of time, and tell me what do you exactly fear nowadays? it's the same cycle, history repeats itself, just when you fear something is gonna wipe out good music, good musicians rise to the challenge and make history!!
11-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Найти Ответить
mistressofdecay
Unregistered

Well, how can someone predict? I mean, I like Red Fang (for example), okay? Really catchy tunes and stuff. How am I supposed to know whether they will be legends in thirty years? I can't. Of course we can all see potential in some bands, but it doesn't always mean that it's going to be fulfilled. All we can do is support the bands we love. In the meantime, look at Ghost and their nominations and talk with the average metalhead who says their music is shit. Why is it shit? Because they are mainstream? I mean, fuck this!
11-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Ответить
Posting Freak

(11-02-2016, 01:50 PM)abarai Писал(а): ............

very good considerations, and maybe it is the proof of how much older I'm becoming  Laugh1

in general (and I think that you can agree) we can't be 100% sure of anything...... maybe only one thing + + + + + but nevermind  Scare Scare2 Swoon Grin

in the same time, only to talk and make some chat, we can take a look at our actual reality and make some (reasonable) considerations...... maybe it's too much to say POINT OF NO RETURN, and, ok I agree with you, there always be a little new starting point...... but, what I see now that makes me not so optimistic is the saturation of the music (or, in general, of the entertainment) market...... too much bands, too much albums and not enough time to look at them with the right attention...... ok, a lot of possibilities for a bigger number of new young musicians, but now making music is "too easy", even with a PC in your bedroom, and this results in a lot of possibilities for a mass (and a mess) of low-talented and not-so-good musicians all over the world...... and between all of this mass (and mess) a real good and deserving musician / band, maybe will never see the light he deseves...... once a really talented and motivated musician, with his real passion, could struggle ad hope to come out...... and fuck the others, in a kind of "natural selection"...... every big band has started playing in a dusty basement and, as they say, "only the strong wil survive"......

your example is very good: digital mixing consoles has been and still are a big help, as it is the pc in your bedroom or internet to promote and share your music...... but, IMHO, now it has became too fast and too big to let something good stay for longer than a few months / years...... too much help for all and "even the weak will survive"...... "un-natural selection"...... anyway, we will see  Grin

so ?? you have no new band you would bet on ??  Grin
11-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Найти Ответить
Posting Freak

(11-02-2016, 02:05 PM)mistressofdecay Писал(а): Well, how can someone predict? I mean, I like Red Fang (for example), okay? Really catchy tunes and stuff. How am I supposed to know whether they will be legends in thirty years? I can't. Of course we can all see potential in some bands, but it doesn't always mean that it's going be fulfilled. All we can do is support the bands we love. In the meantime, look at Ghost and their nominations and talk with the average metalhead who says their music is shit. Why is it shit? Because they are mainstream? I mean, fuck this!

and in fact it was only a game without any claim to really foresee the future  Grin serious considerations (actual music / entertainment business mostly sucks) but with joking spirit  Smile3

I think that "potential in some bands" are the right words......  Smile3
11-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Найти Ответить
abarai Не на форуме

Knowing you, I can predict what this one thing is  Laugh1 Laugh1

I don't think in the past there was a lack of shitty bands, and presence of good bands that were not getting promoted and did not get to see the light of day. As I said i see it as a cycle, as with everything else history repeats itself. How many bands have self released their fist material and then started becoming more known and have gone on to sign with labels and so on...

Some of my predictions well, there are Iamthemorning that I think will be a lot bigger, but belonging to the "progressive community" it may be a bit hard seeing as how progressive is seen, so are Riverside, and/or Lunatic Soul, (even if they are now kinda famous in the prog circle) there is also Gary Clark Jr. who has caused quite a stir in the Blues section, well those have already shown promise, and there are lots of others, that are not even on my mind for now, but I think many many bands have potential
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 11-02-2016, 04:03 PM пользователем abarai.)
11-02-2016, 02:51 PM
Найти Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 3 Гость(ей)